AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

theSkyNet POGS News

Data processed so far
    FolksYou've processed:
    • 2,366 galaxies 840,658 areas14,342,665 pixels

Thank you

More...

Which means if they only have 2000 more galaxies left to process, we have only got a few more weeks of crunching till the end of the project. SO if you have a few free crunchers, you might want to sign up and start rocking away, at this speed it looks to take about 2 more months then the project is over!

Tell me if I am wrong on this estimate?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Gonna make the challenge from the 25th to the 1st a little strange. I was hoping to be on this for a year or two. I guess I'll move over to Prime Grid if this one finishes.

I sent the project admin a message about the availability of work for the challenge and this is what I got back.

Subject: re: Challenge

There are 1860 galaxies waiting to be processed at the moment.

Should last a month

The challenge starts in about 24 hours if anyone is interested.

I am an enthusiast especially when my computer fails me right before a challenge. Oh well; please enjoy the challenge without me. I should be back online by Tuesday of next week. If all goes well I might have my Gpu system back online as well. For all those interested or not February marks 8 years of running the same system. Yes my computer has grey whiskers but this will be my 5th power supply that blew.

This is not my system but I borrowed one for the moment... Thanks to all those who wish there was something they could offer. I can't keep this one and I won't because it has intel inside and you know there isn't anything more that I hate is to use the other guys crap.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Might be time to put a desktop together just for a backup if nothing else. Good luck and I hope it all works out for the old beast. I put a PS in that old Acer and swore it would rot in he@@ before I'd attempt that again. Just too much stuff in not enough space for my fat fingers.