Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: raspberrypi Has anyone seen one of these?

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Do you have a dog/ other pet. Here's a good starter project
    Judd would like a treat. (RaPi project)
    http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/3090
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

This looks like it would be a gas to play with. However when I went online to see about getting one, it appeared that there were only a couple places selling it and they were back ordered. Plus there were many complaints about how long it took to get them, etc. So I didn't order one from them. Too bad they aren't at NewEgg or something like that.

I was able to get one from: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/conten...S/raspberry-pi I haven't really played with it all that much yet, but it looks like it could do some interesting things when a guy gets some time to tinker. I was lucky and hit a free shipping deal as well around black friday.

Hey Jason, thank you very much!!! Just got off the phone with them and have one on the way now so I will soon be able to start playing with the thing! Looking forward to it. Lol

Another linux toy to play with <big cheezy grin> :-)

your welcome. I'm interested to see what kind of uses you find for it. I had in mind a kitchen computer for online recipes and shopping lists after i get some tinker time. I am looking to try a few more linux flavors on it before i decide what i like. It may also be fun to experiment with a few of the addon boards.

For starters I'm just gonna play with it to see what it's like, hook it up to the net, etc., and like you get some other flavors of linux running on it besides the Wheezy. I'm sure that as some time goes by that the brain will start thinking of other things to do, and that the original one will end up with a few more for company! Lol

As they're made in the UK, the UK stock seems to be pretty decent now (it's one year today since they launched).

Mine's being boring and being currently used a NAS (with attached 3TB external) and general mini home server. It's also crunching on Dnet - RC72 seems to be about 650,000 Keys/s in comparison to my Xeon which seems to be doing about 7,500,000 keys/s - which seems low for the CPU as I've currently got an Intel Atom VPS running the client and that seems to be doing about 8,300,000 keys/s (Atom N2800 @1.82GHz Vs Intel Xeon W3503 @2.4GHz )!!

Looking to get a few more SD cards for it so I can plug and play different operating systems while keeping the main one without breaking it! Currently running Raspbian (installed from the installer, not the image file) to minimise crud.

Looking to see if it'll run an OpenTTD server successfully but I need to compile the code - I'll be getting a different SD card to give that a go.

Well I'd like to join in the fun, but I'm still waiting for the brown santa to bring mine to the house. :-) Definitely anxious to play with it though!!

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    here is another new one for the RaPi project seekers: The Raspberry Pi Dynamic Headlight Can Tell You How Fast You’re Cycling
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Well that's cool.... it is doing what it was intended for, and that's getting people thinking and coding. There's ready made speedo's for bikes that don't cost much, but again that wasn't the point of the Raspberry-Pi. :-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast