Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What you crunching with??

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    Would be very interested in seeing pictures of your setups Jason, along with how-to's and stuff like that. Took a look at the Koolance site, good looking place with lots of good info. Thankyou!
    Sorry for the slow responses. I would like to redesign some of my setup and make changes when time permits. This is a hobby that doesn't get much attention with the kids keeping me busy. It would have been easier to have a series of pictures during some of the build and the ability to make a diagram of the setup. The tank is something I had and works good for me. Dad uses a 55 gallon plastic drum for his. I believe he has 2 sets of copper coils in it. One to dump heat from the computers and one to preheat water before it goes into the water tank. I'm sure this helps some as his well water comes in on the cool side.

I think i would invest in a large solar storage tank when my current one fails. They are a bit expensive but the energy savings from heating water and not running a/c should be significant over the life of the tank. It could always be used for solar when computers become to efficient to heat water

I started with a heating system like this Radiant Floor system. Then the water heater got replaced with a tankless water heater and freed up the old tank. Then it turned into a simple variation of heating water with solar with the solar being replaced by computer loops. I hope this helps with some ideas. This all started because of my Athlon 1.2ghz being to loud with the 5000 rpm 60mm fans and crunching.

Jason.

I think what these guys would like is to be able to get away from a creek or spring as that would give them a safer feeling as no one would ever think to look for them anywhere without a ready large volume of cool water.But they have been doing it the way they are for generations so they must be doing something right.

I like the idea... maybe even make it a underground cistern for the upcoming water shortages. Also a loop around a building in PEX tubing would work very well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123