Quote Originally Posted by Jason1478963 View Post
Terry1953 thanks for the recognition of the system for heating water. The biggest chunk of the cost for me was the initial waterblocks and pieces parts. I would say with my setup in the basement it doesn't really use more electricity to pump the water for heating as one 50 watt pump replaces 6 or more cpu fans and/or gpu fans. The week spot in my system is the thermal siphon heat exchanger and small tank. I don't overclock all that much as I like the ability to heat water and don't always use the hot water fast enough in summer time when running several systems. In the winter time I plan on maintaining a certain temp with the koolance controller in the pre-heat tank by circulating the water into the living room zone to help heat it. I'm not sure you could run an exhaust fan for the power the 2 cooling loop pumps draw. :P What are your doing to cool your facility with all heat producing machines your running? If you can do it without using a/c to fight the extra BTUs it would be a considerable energy saver. (1 kWh is the energy equivalent of 3412.3 BTUs)
LOL Right now I'm just paying an Air Conditioning bill. Next week I'll be moved into my shed hideaway and it will become my source of heat through the winter. I have an 8,000 BTU window air unit to get by till cooler air moves in and then the insulation, and it only being a 12x12 room should take care of it till spring when I'll bring the air conditioning back online. I will be venting much of the heat out the wall next spring and the air bill should be minimal. I just got another 6970 up and running this afternoon. I need one more to pair it up then I'm moving on to 7000 series.