Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BOINC Pentathlon 2013

BOINC Pentathlon 2013

Our friends at Seti-Germany have announced they are running another BOINC Pentathlon for this year. We are invited to participate in the 4th BOINC Pentathlon. Details follow. We need to propose some projects and I will submit our team's application to participate.

Hello vaughan,

Team SETI.Germany continues it's new invented challenge and invites all BOINC-Teams to participate in the 4.rd BOINC PENTATHLON, following the ideals of the ancient Pentathlon.

It will start May the 5th 2013 (00:00 UTC) and will end May the 18th 2013 (23:59 UTC).

Like in the ancient Greece, the Pentathlon will be held in 5 disciplines. That means within 14 days the participants will have to crunch 5 different projects, all of them for a period of 5 days. That said, you can easily see that some projects will have to be crunched at the same time.

Each team that would like to participate has to sigh up : http://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pen...g.php?&lang=en until April the 27. th 2013. Like in the last year the favourites in the different disciplines can be chosen by every team on their own. The project that gaines the most voices will be crunched

A list of the projects that can be chosen from can be found here : http://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pen...sciplines.html , but you can also suggest other projects. (But before suggesting other projects, please check if the project and/or their servers would be able to withstand the combined BOINC forces. We do not want to bring any project server down.)

More information can be found here : http://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pen...n_Welcome.html

NEW RULES 2013 :

1. All disciplines are now 5 days announced before the start (no more than 1 week)
    2. A of the five disciplines is a marathon discipline. It is calculated over the entire pentathlon (or until no longer work units available). The scoring is the same with the other disciplines.

In the last year it was very exciting until the end.

Many Greatings SEARCHER

All we have to do is sigh up!

I guess I'll put my 2 cents in:
    2. Collatz or Primegrid
    3. Cosmology
    4. As much as I'd like to see Clean Energy Phase2 get a boost, I wouldn't recommend it for a race as it is very memory intensive and Jason and I have found you can't really run more than 3 WU's at a time without problems. So, any other WCG project.
    5. The only one I've ran on the list is NumberFields@home, so it wouldn't be fair for me to vote on that one.

Good Luck Team!

All done. sigh

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    All done. sigh
    It took me a minute, but I got it. haha
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

All done. sigh
    What will be crunching? Any new projects to sign/sigh up for just to test?
    (we will of course not know the pentathlon's real parts till five days before)

My personal sighs would be for..
    1. Marathon. The first sigh: it can't be choosed. So be it. With the amount of projects I am active in there is but little chance that it won't be one of mine.
    2. GPU rowing: Preferably something AMD friendly, such as Collatz, MilkyWay or Moo! and not a GPU/CPU hogging OpenCL one such as DistrRTGen. If nVidia, PrimeGrid and Einstein are equally good.
    3. Physics & Chemistry - CPU (Taekwondo) Deep sigh, hard choosing. Pogs pays best, but we have a too small team there. Cosmology -12th worldwide- is one of our best projects.
    4. World Community Grid - CPU (Short Track Speed Skating) FightAids? -I am close to ruby there- or any of the other golds and silvers. Clean Energy2 already is ruby with me and HCC will reach emerald soon.
    5. Mathematics - CPU (Weightlifting). Phew! Quite a bit to sigh for. Apart from YAFU and Sudoku I am active in all. SubsetSum, PrimaBoinca and NumberFields are among my personal favorites, as a team we're defending a 3rd place worldwide with SubsetSum, but we are 7th with YAFU as well.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-17-2013 at 09:44 PM.

GPU: Distributed Rainbow Tables
    Physics & Chemistry: Asteroids
    WCG: any
    Mathematics: SAT

We can change our proposed projects any time until 27th April.

Everybody PLEASE let me know what you want to run.

I like running Moo and Skynet POGS and I still have that one machine that's running SOB and has been for the last 5 or 6 years but I'll run anything short term.

GPU: Distributed Rainbow Tables
    Physics & Chemistry: Asteroids
    WCG: any
    Mathematics: SAT

We can change our proposed projects any time until 27th April.

Everybody PLEASE let me know what you want to run.

GPU MilkyWay@home (preferred) or Distributed Rainbow Table Generator
    Physics & Chemistry Any other than Leiden Classical
    World Community Grid The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2
    Mathematics yoyo@home

I'd like to see Moo lol enen if I did have a fried mobo that I had to replace today.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast