Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Benchmarking Help

I'm afraid there is more to it than that. The Lib64 map that has been created under the FDS map in the Downloads folder may have it's contents at least linked to another map and the command line
    mpirun -np 8 fds5_mpi_linux_64 Scale1.fds must at least be changed to mpirun -np 8 fds5_mpi_linux_64 scale1.fds (it will just not run with a capital S)
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 04-04-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drezha View Post
    Might have found the issue. I missed a p from the mpi command.

Should be

Code:
    mpirun -np 8 fds5_mpi_linux_64 Scale1.fds
    Well, I'll be dripped in dogs**t! It's running right now on three cores. Did install OpenMP in the meantime, by the way. I'll send the results and will let it try to run on four cores as well.
    (as I suspect that a A6-3500 is actually a A6-3600 with a disabled or defect core. Sometimes BOINC is running four WUs at a time on the A6-3500...not counting GPU or nci tasks)
    Triple-core run output sent, now running processes 0,1,2&3 on the 'triple'-core....
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 04-05-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks for trying again

Not sure how it worked but it did first time when I tried it. On the i3 server I'm running for the testing (and a server for myself to do some game server testing with), I got noticeably faster speeds running linux than I did on Windows. (61% slower on the single core and 83% on the multi core. That's quite a difference. I now need to do some more investigating because that's a fairly impressive difference.*

I did notice mind that the Windows install of the i3 didn't reach full clock speed during the single core run. The CPU frequency was being kept low.

*One was a Debian CLI server install and the other is Windows 2012.

For those that are interested, I deleted the Google Doc and moved all the data to Github (as I wanted to combine it with some other data on the program).

Details can be found here.

https://github.com/drezha/FDS_Resources

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123