View Poll Results: I have 2 puters crunching on 5 projects. Too many ya think?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 37.50%
  • no

1 12.50%
  • I do the same

4 50.00%

Thread: Sorry, dropping EON. :(

Sorry, dropping EON. :(

If they get Boinc'ed I'll come back. I've read they are looking into it.

Now that I'm with Einstein I need the extra cycles anyways, as Eon always took 50% of cpu from Boinc.

Cheers to the futur.

ps: I have 2 puters crunching on 5 projects. Too many ya think?
    - feedback wanted.
    -- just that when there are problems with some, I want cpu doing something.
    --- I may drop Climate too, I get too many errors, and wu's are so long in the running, and I don't know if the bit I Have done is wasted.

Thank you for feedback
    and in advance to any others that offer it.

I have now dropped CPDN and have 4 projects, each on both computers, one faster than the other, each project at 25% cpu time.

Now that I have somewhat stable Boinc'age set up, I am now going to spend some time on my project.
    - A simple to do, computer into an mp3 player for a car, with some sort of readout.
    -- I will have info on my webpage when it gets done, so that it can be code-copied and followed to make your own. (I'll supply all links to where I got info, as always.) (It'll take some time, looking for work at same time. But it is my only project so, won't be toooooo long.)
    - REASON? all other models I found are too complicated, even after the power supply problem has been faced.

otherwise with the projects just run 1 at a time but switch every so often. I have about 10 installed here and pick/chose depending where easy gaims are, how stable the projects are and what i need to use my machine for as some take 100%.

You can send intermediate CPDN results & get credit for them. In fact I think it does this itself every 12 or 24 hours. True they take a year to complete a full task.
    I'm totally opposed to eOn going down the BOINC path as BOINC has not proven to be a very stable platform. Maybe in 10 or 20 years from now it might be over its teething troubles. Give me Ubero any day as a DC platform - it just needs some real tasks to crunch!

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Has anyone marketed Ubero as a platform ?

Does it have a developer's kit ?
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------