Thread: Enigma points better than most?

Enigma points better than most?

I've recently started crunching again (and considering my old team was fairly dead, you'll notice I've jumped ship...)

Anyhow, I've jumped on three projects that interest me the most science wise (as that's why I'm here). All are set to 33% of BOINC time but the points don't reflect this - Enigma is clearly out in front.

Example - the current host I have attached is here. Now I know eOn is currently out of work but that still doesn't explain the large percentage of points over the others that Enigma has.

Enigma pays good, but not extremely so. There are more CPU projects where you can manage more than 10k of credits a day when throwing in a core or ten (e.g. PrimaBoinca)

I saw that one - the lack of research papers and aims put me off. If I'm donating my time and money (electric), I want to know it's going to a good cause. Current ones are eOn (good track record of peer reviewed papers), Enigma (because I like cryptography, WW2 and the enigma story - I donate yearly to Bletchley Park) and SIMAP (because I think it'll help other protein projects).

Looking to get back onto CPDN as well eventually, just waiting for a new machine and then I'll move the current one to CPDN long term and the other projects to this new machine that won't be on 24/7.

I'm here for science, not for points (though they are a fun aside).

It kind of depends on what your scientific background is. For some the holy grale of (their) science are prime numbers,
    for others it is to prove whether there is intelligence in outer space other than ours.
    Some thrive on theory, whilst others are only interested in applied science.
    The good of BOINC is that you can always find something that is interesting to you, packed in an easy to use user interface (or am I biased?)