Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dimes Project

Dimes Project

If there was ever a time when You needed just a little more Horsepower. Here is the scenario if some of you get here to late!

I am in 287th place with 2,589,858... Daily input =~ 8,000 pts.
    IN 288th place is russkris with 2,587,236... Daily Input =~ 2,200 pts.
    IN 289th place is Morgan the Gold with 2,582,638...Daily Input =~ 23,000 pts
    In 290th place is DanielH with 2,558,481... Daily input =~83,000 pts.

Do you hear the Roar like I hear the ROAR, This is where I Need H..E..L..P..!!!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

at least you don't have to worry about me passing you for 10th in team, I'm only running it on my laptop right now and I shut it down at night.

Quote Originally Posted by liuqyn View Post
    at least you don't have to worry about me passing you for 10th in team, I'm only running it on my laptop right now and I shut it down at night.
    Thanks Liuqyn

Dimes Project

Please welcome newcomer NeoGen to the Project, and with a whirl and a whoosh he is chomping his way into the world of DIMES! Go Getum NeoGen

Welcome NeoGen !!!!

hummm.... dimes is easy after all, no reason all of us aren't running it. geesh that real good English !!

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Thanks guys.

I actually was in Dimes already in the past with another nickname (NeoGen) but I lost the password for that one. So I registered a new user and am giving it another test run. It works real good on XP, I had tried it before on Vista64 but it didn't work.

My re-modeled 3800+ dual core to Opty 185 system died a slow and agonizing death. Motherboard burned out. On-board video was the first to die and took two weeks doing it. Had to let the room warm up before the monitor was visible. (I usually leave the heat off when I am away at work - my cat has a coat). Eventually it wouldn't warm up. Replaced the monitor first - no signal. Tried installing both a VGA and a DMI card - neither worked. Eventually it simply quit crunching. Replaced it with a Phenom II 925 system - Wanted to continue supporting the underdogs. In a few months I'll likely buy another motherboard for the Opty 185 to make a dedicated cruncher. Should be really cheap.

I loaded the programs and started it crunching last night, but somebody didn't think to turn off the default powersaver before they went nighty-nite... So any crunching results in Dimes won't show until tonight or tomorrow. Just wanted you to know that I hadn't left the party. Got me a nice 23" ASUS monitor go along with it. I consider this ordeal my own little Chinese economy stimulus package.

I like the stimulus. Keep the computer industry going........
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Ok, now I think I have this darn thing going. Initially set it up as a service, as recommended. Didn't run so removed from system and set up as an agent. Still didn't run - although in both instances my task manager said it was running. At least when set up as an agent I could see why it wasn't running. Norton's wasn't allowing incoming data from the pings/tracert. Had to manually tell Norton's that the Dimes application and java files were trusted. A bit of a pain in the tail, but as Norton's has more users with the Dimes application eventually it can become a Norton's-trusted application. Then it could be an automatic process. Anyhow, as of now the stats are showing up on my system and in a while I should be adding to the team's score again.

Dimes Project

Steve this project updates every 2 hours or so and your points value is still zero. I think you need to access the program through Administrative Services and restart the program. Like Kick start it back into action!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast