Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dimes Project

Yeah, this thing is being a pain. The task manager shows that DIMES Agent 0.5.2 is running. Although I am often getting the "INFO Destination host didn't reply", I also sometimes get "INFO Received packet from (various URLs)".

I've always had trouble getting Dimes to run properly. Ah well, at least I have Einstein working well.

Seems Dimes Project has had a two day interruption in activity. And this time the website is down too. Dimes is based in Israel. I hope we don't lose another good project.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Dimes Project - An Update on the interuption

Hi Nflight,

I am not sure I understand your question. The DIMES different servers (agent contact point and web server) were indeed up and down in the last week and a half. The main reason for this is a combination of a server hardware failure together with the introduction of a new RAID storage that required some re-configuration of our hardware and the reorganization of the location of DIMES data. We are now back to basic operations, and hopefully will be fully functional in a few days time.

Thank you for your continuous support,

Yuval Shavitt
    School of Electrical Engineering
    Tel Aviv University 69978
    http://www.eng.tau.ac.il/~shavitt

On 7/15/2012 1:32 AM, Nflight wrote:

I am a member of the Team AMDusers and would like to know if Dimes the beloved project will be returning anytime soon?

Thank you

Now the question is where are my Team Mates, we used to have a large score of willing crunchers on this project. Now only Blackadder and myself are crunching away. It is possible we will lose our glorious 8th position sometime in the near future if we don't start crunching this project.

Gentlemen lets Rock and Roll em.

I have this running as a service under my OS of Win XP. I hope there is opportunity to do this kind of crunching on Win 7 and 8 so my brethren can join myself and Blackadder. I am looking for some company folks! Please notice my stats below as the scores are posted daily, and there has been no hiccup in months with the project!

At the risk of sounding stupid: Why don't they make it a BOINC project?
    (Preferably with stinkin' badges!)

And I would like to mention the presence of a certain Liuqyn that delivers credits for the team along with BlackAdder and you...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 01-09-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Well its been four days and the beloved project is down. I am not sure if I should attempt a direct conversation again or wait and see what happens in the next few days/weeks!

Where did everyone go? Beerknurd and Vaughan used to run this between them diligently now Nothing!
    Last edited by Nflight; 02-08-2014 at 12:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Is was down so long that my computers don't have it installed anymore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234