Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dimes Project

Dimes Project

Bruce has started an AMD Users team at the Dimes Project. - Distributed Internet Measurement and Simulations.

http://www.netdimes.org/index.html

I found joining our team to be problematic. I hope my e-mail to the project admins gets it sorted out. I had to download the software, install it, create username and password, and give e-mail address. Then from the Home page attempt to login. This failed to recognise my password. Then I got them to re-send my password which was now different to the one I had chosen (go figure). Then I could login again and join our team (top of the list - way to go AMD Users).

Vaughan

ps. AMD Users is ranked #2 or #3 in this depending on the stats figure you measure by. We are beating Intel Users (sorry Beerknurd and Boosted Integra). Bruce is leading the charge with a well constructed World #4 rank. :hello1:

DIMES just started the teams feature not to long ago and will be releasing a new agent soon. The present agent doesn't allow the merging of stats for a user, in other words if bwhite installed DIMES on 4 computers 4 separate bwhites would show up in the stats. They are fixing this adding more features. DIMES uses very little bandwidth and almost no CPU time...does a traceroute about once a minute and maps the results. Others have had problems with emails/passwords as mentioned in their forums but thy have responded and tried to fix.

I have been running dimes for a while and changes are in the works. They respond to questions and try to fix. Now may be a good time to get in on this one as it is just starting for teams. AMD Users could us a little help...I see Free-DC has found the project in a big way :shock:

Even more than that...
    We are currently working on user-groups, so that you can install multiple agents for the same user - just as some DIMES users proposed.
    Anyway, we hope the next version will come out no later then April ( this year i hope... ) , we have some nice screenshots of the measurements in our forum.
    enjoy :
    http://www.netdimes.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41

How Is the DIMES to chrunsh? RAM, Bandwidh tough or light? How long time take a WU?

LAGU

Bandwidth usage is low. Uses Java so on my PC it is using 747MB RAM (I have 1 Gig). As Bruce says it sends "pings" so wus are tiny and thus CPU use is tiny. It just runs in the background.

Well I joined and it's running...... We'll see how it goes...

How often are stats updated?????

our server sends ping and traceroute scripts which take about an hour or two to execute. it takes us a couple more minutes to update the stats.

i joined aswell, doesnt seem to go too well with SOB but soon i think i willo switch to CB and this for a bit.

ohad its good having almost uptodate statistics, especially with signing up as i was under AMD Users instantly so knew everything had worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohad
    our server sends ping and traceroute scripts which take about an hour or two to execute. it takes us a couple more minutes to update the stats.
    Thanks

seems to be running fairly well on this machine.
    beer what is SOB on for you right now as you have a much greater dimes score than me and have been running same time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast