Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Needing some help please :)

i think the time limit is more than 28 days Vaughan but nowhere actually states an exact time.

meck: one thing i disagree with is that changing priority in ctrl,alt and del only affects the gui not the actual processor but indirectly it does. I can make my client get higher numbers and finish blocks up to 10 secs quicker from having it set high rather than normal under task manager.
    Also to clarify when they expire you can still work on them as they are always there but they will also be "recycled" so as a new workunit request is recieved those numbers will be sent again.

the rest is good but maybe put somehitng in about the SOb tool for recovery, makes it much easier then editing registary yourself and is a small and simple but effective application.

Tnanks for the input
    My whole point for the page is because 17 has no 1 place with info.

I did put @(about) 28 days, it'll be up to 17 to be more specific(correcting) on that point. I have posted at 17 too; that's where I got vjs's info.

As for getting better crunch speed with the gui at normal, again I'll leave that to 17, engineers in this case; as it sounds like a bug/quirk.

I've read nothing about a 17 tool, you have a link for me?

It Is nice they put a 'stop after send' type of option.

i cant find the program online dont know where my link went :S but i have the program and can send it to you. leave an e-mail or pm if you want to keep it private

Here is the link for the registry changer....

http://home.online.no/~kenthro/regchng/regchng.zip

It works great. Make sure you view the instructions...

Tks but,
    People like to see a webpage, feel safe downloading it. (virus thing)

I looked around the Norway site, and didn't get any of that.

I shall try it on an winXP and decide if I'll put it up.
    - it does have alot of info within it, even vjs's nick, yet again.

its good

i still disagree with this point though under 7).
    If it is not released, Expired, no-one may ever get it to work on, ever.
    it does automatically expire itself and is re-entered for sending out on furute requests if there is a certain period with no server communication

Hey meckano,

Did that program help you????

I ran it, but never used the program to fix anything.
    I could not find any center point of information so I did the first thing I did find, Expire my first bit of work.
    - Should it be taking days of work on a 3200+ ?

As for the Expiry date, have some quotes?

I have a P4 3.4 and it takes a little over 2 days to complete a test.... My P3 733 takes 20+ days...

I have never had a task expire... So the expire date would have to be pretty high due to the fact that my 733 takes freakin forever to finish a test.. And 20 days is being generous.... I would have to run it for 20 straight days with no reboot... That machine overheats easily so I turn it off for 24 hours once a week. I would buy a better fan for it but it's not worth the money on such a crappy system....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast