Thread: May 2013 Competitions

May 2013 Competitions

It is May again, we've had our last Queen's day in the Netherlands, but before I go to the yearly freedom market on the 5th of May in nearby Oegstgeest
    -try to say that like a Dutchman or -Woman and you get a free beer from me- and score some 2nd hand computer junk, I'd like to bring you this:

May 1 to May 4 - Crunch with the best, or lunch with the rest ! [Season 1 - Episode 5-12 : The Historical Crunch !]
    Brigade du Cosmos let you decide what you can celebrate, as long as you crunch Seti@Home. 3748 participants from 22 teams are busy with it, cov_route -as usual these last months- being our best scoring member.
    Historical crunch chatpage

May 6 to May 13 - Day of Voctory(?)
    Boinc Russia takes over from Brigade du Cosmos with yet another Seti challenge. I leave it to your own imagination what a voctory is.
    Day of Victory chatpage

May 5 to May 18 - 4th BOINC Pentathlon
    Seti.Germany has the yearly Pentathlon, the only challenge with the name of an AMD CPU hidden in it.
    We start with Simap -and it being the 'marathon' component we run it during the whole of the challenge, so from from May 5 to May 19, so start bunkering!
    Pentathalon info and shoutbox
    Pentathlon stats page

May 25 to May 26 - [Twenty Four 007] International Towel Day Crunch
    Seventh edition of the serie of challenges between teams [Twenty Four] issued by the french team "BRIGADE DU COSMOS". [Twenty Four] serie of challenges aims to celebrate important dates in the history of our world (yesterday and today). 24 hours of intense crunch tribute to our history ! Don't forget your towel for this seventh edition ! :p Everyone will have guessed : we pay tribute to the brilliant english science fiction writer Douglas ADAMS (1952-2001). Thanks for joining us ! Happy crunching ! RIP Douglas.
    International Towel Day Crunch chatpage

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Dirk. Can you add the note that the International Towel Day Crunch is SETI@Home?
    I couldn't open the challenge page for a few days via the link.
    It's nice for folks to know where to crunch. Thanks.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Consider it done!
    Opened the page (with nice -but unclickable- links to the work of Douglas Adams provided by yours truly) without problems from our frontpage.
    For those that want to know more about the work of Douglas Adams:
    http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?122 or
    http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4.Douglas_Adams or
    http://www.librarything.com/author/adamsdouglas-1
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-18-2013 at 09:25 AM.