Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update jungle

Angry Update jungle

never touch a running system....
    Today i try update my graphic driver from catalyst 12.4 to 13.4 and also update Boinc from 7.0.? think 28 to 7.0.64 also Boinc tasks updated.
    No wonder... after that all my Milkyway tasks become errors. Ok... reading the MW forums i very fast know that catalyst drivers 13.x have bad open cl drivers for crunchers. I have to use 12.8 they say. OK... 2 hours later after unknown number re-installs, checking some forums, and use a driver cleaner i get 12.8 to run
    But now i can't get some Milkyway tasks because " co-processor is missing " ok... crunch some Collatz, no problem.
    Updating become more crazy every time i try... after every update there is a project which wont work any more.... i think the best solution is: never never never update again... not ****ing Boinc and also not ****ing catalyst shit.
    Never touch a running system.
    Greetz,
    Chris

Let it run dry (accept no more new work), uninstall boinc, install the AMD APP SDK v2.8 (to be done after the catalyst driver if you want to change that) and re-install the BOINC of choice.
    Note that the HD 4xxx series will not run OpenCL under catalyst 13 versions, as it can not get higher than OpenCL 1.1 The HD 4xxx series is also limited as to the SDK version to be used.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

@Dirk: isn't that included the full driver package ? Part of the Open Cl driver ???
    I can remember far away that i need the APP SDK for older cards... ?
    Greetz,
    Chris

With the introduction of one of the previous catalysts they have split the GPU and CPU OpenCL.
    GPU OpenCL goes with Catalyst, CPU OpenCL goes with the SDK.
    It is my idea that you need both in order for software to work well.
    And besides that, I've had to install the Ati Stream SDK (old name) on previous occasions in order to get a card working.

I just install the App SDK and reinstall Boinc... but... no success
    I have now:
    Catalyst 12.8
    APP SDK
    Boinc 7.0.64
    Collatz work fine...
    MW... missing Co-processor.
    Greetz,
    Chris

Is it possible that boinc is installed as a service? I have had luck with all user install run as administrator

Chris,

What Ati/AMD GPU are you using for MilkyWay?

Found it, a HD 6900 series.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-09-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1478963 View Post
    Is it possible that boinc is installed as a service? I have had luck with all user install run as administrator
    That is not consistent with Collatz running just fine, it is a MilkyWay specific error we are dealing with here.

"But now i can't get some Milkyway tasks because " co-processor is missing " ok... crunch some Collatz, no problem."

I have seen the way boinc was installed cause similar problems.

It is also OS dependent and driver. For xp64 you R stuck at CCC 11.12 or 12.1
    4850s seem to like CCC 11.6 to run collatz on XP64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast