Thread: Crunching GPU / CPU on Droid Anyone ?

Crunching GPU / CPU on Droid Anyone ?

have just last night hoped on the droid boinc app works well so far. lots of options loaded my bam account without issue. I will be :hey....let me see your phone for a sec to all my friends shortly . Crunching asteroid ATM working on my first credit

just a thought but the Asteroid Challenge is still a bit off we all have phones .... everyone that anyone of us know has a phone
    I personally am going to set up a separate account for mobile devices and set asteroid to crunch on every device i can get my hands on
    and link them to the team

Settings
    Do not run if not plugged in or battery power is Less than 70
    Do not run if CPU load is greater than 60
    100 meg allotment
    Run From SD

with these settings the client should not be a bother to anyone
    Any Thoughts?
    Last edited by Logic Labs; 07-31-2013 at 07:48 PM.

I am waiting to see whether it is cost-effective to crunch from your phone.
    If it is, I am in for a new phone, as I have a rather ancient one at the moment.

ive got my old nexus 7 going it would be nice if there were more projects on droid. one funny thing is that running four taskes even plugged in and charging the battery cant keep up its a beast 4x 1.3ghz i was under the impression however that it was a gpu powerd tablet the tegra 3 but it shows as arm
    Word Nerds!

I think WCG has the fightaids@home vina app working on the android platform

Quote Originally Posted by NerdLifeAMD View Post
    i was under the impression however that it was a gpu powerd tablet the tegra 3 but it shows as arm
    Shouldn't have come as a surprise: nVidia Tegra 3 specs

I considered this for the times that it's left charging.

However, I've managed to get my phone to only require charging every 4 to 5 days, so I've figured it's no longer worth it! Use a Huwai Ascend P1, battery settings to energy saver with data off and only use 2G networks...I basically have the smart phone so I can use data IF NEEDED and so I can carry a camera with me all the time. Battery life could be longer if I turned wifi off. I use my iPad Mini with data connection for data on the go.

I was crunching on my zte warp 2 its not a great phone but it is 1ghz. i had the same issue i have with the nexus even set to only crunch wile pluggged it it simply wont get a full charge. as far as being under the impression of it being gpu powered. its not that im surprised that its amr just what the hell is nvidia got there name on it for then. still no complaints its a beast i would have got the 10 but the samsung nexus 10 stats were pretty crappy in comparison . cant wait for the asus 10 to come to my local store
    Word Nerds!