Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: @NFS SAD Turnout

Some information about the sysem that ran BeOS, the BeBox
    I'm afraid BeOS seems to have been discontinued in 2009. It has been superseded by Haiku. Both BeOS and Haiku are not 64-bit capable, so almost useless on present day hardware platforms -especially quad 64-bit Opteron systems with 256 GB of memory will give these OS-es too much to handle. You will have a mighty hard time finding a BOINC client for BeOS, probably have to compile it yourself.

But you of course meant DragonFly BSD
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-05-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Changing some of my preferences to try and get a few more flops out of my network old settings on terminals being used for media consumption were run after idle 3 min . ive changed them to run full time one core ill see how that plays out . XBMC as well as WMC do not allow the system to go into standby so boinc wasn't becoming active if the kids watched a movie and did not close xbmc

sooo windows wont save affinities or priorities after a reboot im changing them from the task manager . should i be making the changes elsewhere? or is there something i need to do to save it in the registry?
    Last edited by Logic Labs; 08-05-2013 at 08:14 AM.

yes yes at first i wanted to say free bsd ....Smartass

The Boinc scheduler is supposed to handle all that -to my horror sometimes-. Setting priorities at the account pages for the various projects works only partially. Setting priorities in the Task manager does not work at all (only for the WU you've changed the priority for).
    When the scheduler decides you haven't had project x for some time, it will go to some lengths in order to get it for you, whether you want it or not -provided you haven't set that project to 'No new tasks'.
    I've had it that I couldn't get work for a project because of the -suspended- work for other projects left on the box, so when you want to go all-out you'd better set other projects to 'No new tasks' beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic Labs View Post
    yes yes at first i wanted to say free bsd ....Smartass
    But it gave me the opportunity to show some old school hardware -and software for that sake. R.I.P. BeOS...
    But the various BSD's (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD) are alive and kicking. I thought that there were no specific BOINC applications for BSD's, but NFS has a FreeBSD application, as so has every project that shows up in the BOINC Manager that shows the FreeBSD logo!
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic Labs View Post
    Come on people ......... we should easily be in the top five. the other teams simply have more participants than we do.
    Well, Terry, B Johansson, DaGoOfMaN and k3ack3r stepped in, Lysergius and Myron keep a steady pace, Vaughan has started up a system, Lazykiller and Moops are active, I've found the turbo button: We're back at 5th place!
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-05-2013 at 07:47 PM.

sweet !!!!!!! my network was down when i woke up I reset it . it should be updating shortly but yes we have made some ground over the last 12 hrs.......yea i saw that picture at first i thought it was some kind of giant enclosure from the back .....then i started looking harder ....hmmmmmm token ring? ps ports ? .....and what the hell is that connection
    Ind then i though wow dirks a smart-ass i bet we would get along lol

Has anyone else noticed Dirk holding it down the last 24? save some packets for the rest of us bro lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post

Some information about the sysem that ran BeOS, the BeBox
    I'm afraid BeOS seems to have been discontinued in 2009. It has been superseded by Haiku. Both BeOS and Haiku are not 64-bit capable, so almost useless on present day hardware platforms -especially quad 64-bit Opteron systems with 256 GB of memory will give these OS-es too much to handle. You will have a mighty hard time finding a BOINC client for BeOS, probably have to compile it yourself.

But you of course meant DragonFly BSD
    The above remark appears not to be true. There actually is a 64-bit Haiku OS, it is just x86-64 only.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 04-23-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12