Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: @NFS SAD Turnout

@NFS SAD Turnout

Come on people ......... we should easily be in the top five. the other teams simply have more participants than we do. Where is everyone @ send NFS@Home a little love. as it stands right now we have almost 40k and dirk and i have most of that ...DaGoof has also kicked in a few k and so do a few others that i haven't had a chance to meet yet my bots turnaround is at 2ish am est . we keep holding the Scots at bay but just barley but they do keep taking 5th from us and poland is not far behind and the L Alliance is pulling away they both have 2 - 3 times the participants we do its real easy ......... Here http://escatter11.fullerton.edu/nfs/

Its a two week crunch people bring out your am2,k7s,athlonXP,k62 And get this bionc bot net going
    Last edited by Logic Labs; 08-03-2013 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Still Aggravated

Better bring out your Atlhlon II-X4's, Phenom II-X4 and X6'es and your AMD FX 6 and 8-cores! Better still: bring your 12 and 16-core Opterons!
    Wouldn't want you lot to support the power company using your old one-cores....

I'm sorry it seems the a/c units are using up my electricity budget at the moment. I do hope to turn a few more machines on in the months to come.

Ferocious summer this year, isn't it? Yesterday saw temperatures up to 37 degrees Centigrade here in the Netherlands (=99Fahrenheit)
    And we're far more northern than the US -except for Alalska-, and having a mild sea-climate (officially)

Computer room temperatures up to 122 Fahrenheit by virtue of having a window facing south-east and 6 running systems in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1478963 View Post
    I'm sorry it seems the a/c units are using up my electricity budget at the moment. I do hope to turn a few more machines on in the months to come.
    Its all good Jason im just saying there is suppose to be like 1000 of us ? you would think we could get a dedicated team of like 25
    maybe we should get a team going inside of the team for the challenges that r for less popular projects like these ?

BTW i do hear ya. i had to split up my stack because of the heat

I added a machine to assist the team effort.

Nice to see you guys in the northern hemisphere getting some summer sun. We had our turn 6 months ago so AMDave and I can enjoy our Winter climate and crunch to our heart's content.
    It was -6C one morning recently in Canberra. Even with the 'puters I needed to turn the gas heating on. Must be time to buy more computer gear (to save on the gas heating costs )

With one of those new FX CPUs (the 9000 series with their 220 Watt tdp) you'll have no worries keeping at least the computer room at a cosy temperature. Question remains though whether it is for sale to the general public and if your present mobos will support it (and it seems there never was a better time to upgrade your cooling to Corsair H110 Watercooling). Power-efficiently speaking and having a general idea of your present set-up you can consider replacing SandyBridge i5's with IvyBridge i7's as you can not increase the number of running threads on your FX'es. If you still have systems with Phenom II X4's or X6's you can consider replacing those with FX 8300's, the more power-efficient 95 Watt octacore FX.

If money and curiousity form no objection you might want to try Socket 2011 with the upcoming IvyBridge-E hexacore, running 12 threads, or when remaining with AMD Socket C32, which has CPUs up to 8 cores and dual mobos or Socket G34, where AMD has Opterons up to 16 cores with mobos supporting to a max of four of them for a total of 64 cores and dito threads. Costs run high though, buying systems based on Socket 2011, C32 and G34, if alone for the memory and CPUs needed.

And when trying something new: A FM2 A10-6700 in a mobo that supports three graphic cards. Rumor has it that the HD 7750 can crossfire with Richland and Trinity and it also has modest DP capability, as have the A10-APUs. If you want real performance, replace the three HD 7750s with HD 7790s. That's 6 TeraFlop of SP power for 3x85=255 Watt tdp, that's better than a HD 7970 (4 TFlop for 247 Watt) or a HD 6990 (5 TFlop for 375 Watt) or a HD 5970 (4.6 at 294 Watt)...
    You might also want to burn more watts for extra performance: buy the 100 Watt tdp A10-6800K instead of the 65 Watt A10-6700. The K model fully supports 2133Mhz memory and is better overclockable. You might even experiment using 3000+ Mhz memory while overclocking
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-04-2013 at 02:16 PM.

why does it seem i cant find a dual socket motherboard that supports chips that have a higher clock speed....example i can get an 12 core op-tron that will run dual socket but they are only around 2ghz but all that cash for the board and chips i have to look at 4-6-8 core Cpus that are cheap i cant find a dual socket board that supports them but they run 4ghz so when you do the math on theoretical Ghz threw-put and then look at the expense it makes no sense to build a dual op-tron server for the increase in raw ghz ....has anyone seen a dual socket AM3 board?

If you have a 12 core Opteron it will use Socket G34 and it will run in Dual and Quad mobos. Opteron 6100-series "Magny-Cours" had a max of 12 cores, Opteron 6200-series "Interlagos" and Opteron 6300-series "Abu Dhabi" have a max of 16 cores. The fastest "Magny-Cours" had a clock of 2600Mhz (the Opteron 6140), "Interlagos" went for the Opteron 6284SE to 3100Mhz (in turbo mode more than 8 cores) or even 3400Mhz (in turbo mode less than 8 cores) and "Abu Dhabi" bettered that with 3200Mhz and 3500Mhz in the Opteron 6386 SE Model. Mind you, those are the figures for the 16-cores Interlagos and Abu Dhabi, when you buy 8-cores you can reach even higher speeds. Quad Opteron mobos do cost a dire penny though.

The C32 Opteron 4200-series "Valencia" and 4300-series "Seoul" have a max of 8 cores. The earlier C32 4100-series "Lisbon" had a max of 6 cores. All C32 Opterons support up to two socket configurations.

There are, as far as I know now, no dual AM3 mobos, nor AM3+, thus relegating the Opteron 3200-series "Zurich" and Opteron 3300-series "Delhi" to single socket mobos.

And do not confuse Ghz with performance, as we AMD fans already used to say in the heydays of Pentium-4 (though the same argument has now turned against us with the advent of the FX 9000 series). When you want to know what is good for a given project look into the result tables of WuProp-especially their figures for credits/per core/per day for that given project-. It can be really economical to have a 64-core server running with just one -triple redundancy, it's supposed to be a server- PSU.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-05-2013 at 12:10 AM.

has anyone used dragonfly beos or anything like to cloud over fiber ... you saying two motherboards reminds me of something i heard about beos where threw fiber Or it wasssss....../...???? infiniaband!!! you use one computer to run tasks on the entire local cloud at once kinda like each computer becomes a core of a cpu? if memory serves beos is bases on unix? linux also based on unix? so perhaps it can be compiled for a linux kernle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast