Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ah-Hoy AMD users!!! Logic Labs Bots Going On Auto Pilot

lol you guys rock thanks terry. that's a lot of fuss for a 2X128 AGP card Im trying to focus on new hardware I am going to start a new thread of the rack im going to be working on 4 u cases are a lot cheaper then I thought they would be

AGP is not the problem, my son still works with an AGP card, a Sapphire 512 MB HD 3850. A GPU needs at least 256 Mb of onboard RAM to be effective in BOINC.
    I'd only go for that card if it is a HD 3850 or 3870 if I were you, and I am not sure BOINC will see the 2x 128 as enough RAM in case it's a two GPU card.
    As the HD 3800 and older series do not support OpenCL, their use in BOINC is limited to those projects that still use Ati Stream/Brook+ applications.
    A 4u casing is high enough to have adequate space for CPU coolers, and Codegen offers them at around $75, and Norco and Logisys even for $65.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 08-11-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: was no AGP HD 4870 or 4890

Hey All, I don't know if you saw the post I just left the issue was the run as service install. I've been out of the game for awhile I didn't even consider that running under an unprivileged account would create an issue. I had a gift card for staples and decided to pick up a newer card since i couldn't find anything else in the whole store i wanted and i did look hard. the best thing they had was a 6450 when it wouldn't detect either is when i started digging since i had already made sure it was supported only 400 flops but that's what they had and i just wanted to screw around anyway. sooo now that i know what i know i have a few more questions.( don't i always? ) ok first of all if i have a motherboard with two pcie slots and i put two cards in it not the same not in sli or crossfire can i use both independently to crunch with from your guys experience. secondly did they ever find a workaround to run crossfire in an sli board it wont matter to me in 2 months anyway but i get bored and like to tinker. lately ive been on a crunch or trash spree with all my old inventory. and one last think ive been looking at racks 700-800 USD for just a steel frame ? no accessory ? Really ? i can have that built for a 12 pack of beer ! if that's normal maybe that's what i should do for a living. is there a good site where i can get something a little more complete for that price im not asking for cases to be included for that price or anything. just more then 12 tubes wielded together and powder coated

Word Nerds

Yes, you can use more than one card, but you will have to include the file cc_config.xml in the boinc data directory of which I wrote earlier.
    Crossfire, SLI or just more than one card does not seem to be an issue for BOINC.

the issue i was referring to was trying to use crossfire in an nvidia sli board there use to be an issue with nvida boards not allowing crossfire to run had something to do with the vendor id string but it has been a few years since ive tried with my new found knowledge im hopping to have several quartos running by the end of the day thanks

Gaming-wise it might be a problem: for boinc it does not matter whether you have two nVidia cords (SLi or not), two Radeon Cards (CrossfireX or not) or a mix of Radeons and GeForces: as long as you have use_all_gpus>1</use_all_gpus in the CC-Config it will use them all. To celebrate my birthday I will add a third GPU to my Ubuntu box, besides its native HD 6550D and the HD 6670 another HD 6670 will be placed. That 3rd GPU used to be part of my Win8 APU/HD 6670 combo, but that system got a per birthday upgrade and works with a HD 7750 from now on.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 01-06-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12