Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: intel gpu's

Quote Originally Posted by NerdLifeAMD View Post
    nuclear power here in Athens. power draw from the grid not even on my list of concerns. unless you are referencing to a draw on the power supply. my power,water,sewer,trash,gas and availability fees for all (availability fees are Bull S) have never been more than $350. i guess i see how having a thread enabled for the purposes such as controlling a gpu is nice. as far as an end user experience multitasking burning wile encoding wile gaming wile downloading.In my opinion there is no comparison (in current architecture) to the responsiveness of and AMD CPU TO an Intell one. admitting there are a lot more things in play ram,video card, chipset and the users ability to optimism there system. I have said on more than one occasion if you give an Intel a single task and tell to have at it they do perform very very very well and that why large corporation use them for SINGLE threaded applications AMDs kick the crap out of Intel on Multiple threaded applications for a 4th of the price a good example is the bulldozer chip line when benched 1 thread against an i7 the Intel chip owns .....however i like to use my computer its going to take a new generation of software engineers to take the time to write more multi threaded apps to get a fair comparison ....when the Athlon64 came out it took 3 years for Intel to catch up ((((OH SNAP Before i forget one time only i say a WU running that said running multicore )))) i dont remember the project is that a setting somewhere im not seeing or is it project specific or whats the deal???

one other thought ive noticed that the pile driver 8 way is really 4 dual core when you look at how the chip is laid out two cores each share one L2 and they count this as 8 threads. do intel chips have an L2 dedicated to each thread
    whats up with no l2 on the new i7s
    Word Nerds!

The new i7s (Haswell) have:

• Level 1 cache size 4 x 32 KB instruction caches 4 x 32 KB data caches
    • Level 2 cache size 4 x 256 KB
    • Level 3 cache size 8 MB shared cache

Quote Originally Posted by NerdLifeAMD View Post
    nuclear power here in Athens. power draw from the grid not even on my list of concerns. unless you are referencing to a draw on the power supply. my power,water,sewer,trash,gas and availability fees for all (availability fees are Bull S) have never been more than $350
    Mine are more like $4000 a year.....

so is the green power to blame for the high price? and my bad on the i7 i went
    to my history and checked the architecture i was looking at.(i7-3960x) the
    reason i was looking at it were its benchmarks were still super high
    Word Nerds!

Our energy prices are coupled to those of oil and natural gas. The green power merely wants us to use the energy more wisely.
    Should you hire a US-sized car here in the Netherlands and need to fill her up, you will be astonished at the prices at the pump.
    A full tank might set you back one day in income (dependent on your earnings of course). A large prtion of the extra price on fuel
    is indirect taxation by the way.

The i7-3960X (for those with plenty of cash) also comes with plenty of cache:
    • Level 1 cache size 6 x 32 KB instruction caches 6 x 32 KB data caches
    • Level 2 cache size 6 x 256 KB
    • Level 3 cache size 15 MB

Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-22-2013 at 08:34 AM.

I thought I saw a documentary showing u guys to be a world leader in hydrogen production
    as well as use of geothermal energy. as far as gas price a full tank will run you about 60$ at todays price.
    however i have a theory.... the price of gas here went from 1.50 a gallon to 4.50 in just a few months.
    now its back down to 3 to .3.75 depending where you are.
    Its my belief that the price of gas was artificially inflated to almost 5.00 to make us complacent
    when the price went back down to 3.50 ... we use to complain about 2.25 now when we see 3.25
    we are glad to see it that low.
    Another fact which the sheeple don't seem to realize is now being that almost every gas station
    has added 10% ethanol to the gas the milage is much worse in many cases when you do the math
    they were better off paying 4.00 for straight gas since now they are buying more to go the same distance.
    another thing to note is the supposedly regulated octane ratings have not changed as posted on the pumps.
    if you water down the gas then ....duuu... the octane rating will be less
    i'm sure they get away with that by doing the rating before its blended .
    a recent study shows more then half of our fuel cost is also tax.
    the price of K1 kerosene also fluctuates.
    One more thing witch should be a straight up crime against humanity is the price of diesel.
    traditonal its been half the price of gas here .
    and why not . its a byproduct that use to be discarded.
    now its 20% higher than gas. so thats a 70% increase in price
    it just doesn't make any sense

60$ at minimum wage of 7.25 - 20% income tax -5% SS 5% Medicare (which most of us don't qualify to use ) and then sales tax 9.75% here in Tennessee is well more than someone makes in a day here for a crap job.
    Last edited by NerdLifeAMD; 09-26-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: after thought
    Word Nerds!

European fuel prices.
    Sorted on price, highest first. Prices are per liter (that's far less than a US gallon).
    Funny thing: a full tank costs me around 61 Euro's (and gets me 1,000km further).
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-27-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123