Thread: UGGGGGG network issues need help

UGGGGGG network issues need help

HELP.jpgOK before anyone gets smart i don't pay for my internet i have three connections i can get on 25mbs. the fcc says once it hits the air its fair game and i don't see a point in paying for what i already get free. so heres the deal i catch web on a computer in the house then use ICS to feed to my main router it then travels to the other far end of the house to a router that the dhcp is turned off. all good till there. so i have installed an air conditioner in the shop outside in anticipation of the new rack not wanting to run 200 feet of cat 5 ive placed a second dummy computer in the shop to catch the wifi from the network and feed to a second set of routers also threw ICS im no stranger to ICS and have a stronger then most understanding of network setups. i am aware that being behind a second dhcp master will separate me from the network in the house but i don't care its not an issue they just need Internet to download WUs the second dummy computer gets on the net and network fine everything after the second Dummy computer is dead to the world... says its working but its not. and yes i have tried different cables and computers and verified the router is working properly Now ICS has a default ip address windows falls to automatically . it now crosses my mind that perhaps i should add one number to the adress in case the issue is both ICS sharing computers falling to the same address (ISCs are catching WiFi and sharing Ethernet. but since the second network is isolated from the first just because of the way its setup im not sure if it could affect it in the fist place. I mean its all behind a second WAN so they shouldn't be able to see each other anyway the first incoming connection is behind the wan of the main router so the network should be blind to it anyway right ? if anyone has any thought id appreciate the input. im more then capable of setting all the adresse, subnets, gateways, and routing tables manually. ive included a picture i know its crude by i think it gets the idea across thanks... also i cant seem to upload a full size pic?
    Last edited by Logic Labs; 08-16-2013 at 02:42 AM.

HELP.jpg hhmmmmm

HELP.jpg maybe? ok yea this ones full size thanks

ok Problem solved anyone who took the time to contemplate it thanks. first i changed the default gateway to match the same as the first network why windows does not do that anyway ????? dont know but that still did not fix the problem i dug out an old belkin router fixed in seconds ... this just strengthens my position on Cisco/Liksys products linksys use to be one of the best brands till cisco took over and started releasing crap under the linksys name just like hp does with compac and emachine dont remember if its gateway or acer that uses that name to release low end stuff says a lot when they think so poorly of a product they wont put there name on it man what a waste of time today about 6hrs of me going what the hell what am i missing