Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: September equinox

Just broke the 300,000 barrier, 44 pending, one from the 20th

Some of these guys must have really filled up their drives with WU's. I have 183 pending. Kinda sad that they take them and run them so slow. Asteroids is on it's ass so I may as well have the cpu's do something. Still have a few machines on other things (Ryan's octo core won't run POGS for some reason) I may move a few more over if they go idle.

Terry/Gatekeeper53

You should run more projects if you want Luigi/Mario to get the right proportions!

Yea I know and that will be easier when I get into the shed and have all the systems on a KVM switch. Right now they are all spread out and keeping an eye on them is a pain so the simpler the better. I have 2 of the 6870's tied up right now not running because they're in the other bedroom and I'm having trouble getting crossfire to set up and run Moo. We had a big party this weekend with a bunch of people and I was busy smoking over 150 pounds of pork and setting up and then cleaning up with the party.

Terry/Gatekeeper53

Crossfire is nice for gaming, but it's no use crunching (my HD 6690D2's only got recognized by the AMD system monitor. BOINC, Windows, the Catalyst driver (sic!), CPU-Z and GPU-Z always saw them as a HD 6670 plus a HD 6550D or HD 6530D -depending which APU was coupled to the HD 6670). Under Linux it's the same: the Crossfire -though recognized in the catalyst driver- is not used by BOINC. The card and IGP are both used as discrete units, not as a single entity.

KVM wise speaking: have some adapters ready! (my KVM switches all use PS/2 and VGA ports, my most modern mobo's/video cards tend to do away with those). There's also KVM over IP though...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-23-2013 at 11:53 PM.

I have 2 8Port KVM switches that daisy chain and they use USB hook ups. So I'll be able to use just the one set of K V M. I see guys that have 2 and sometimes 3 5800's and 6800's on the same machine crunching. I just have to figure out how to do it.

Terry/Gatekeeper53

I recently switched from boincview to boinctasks to help with computer management. I rarely use my KVM's unless something goes wrong. This could reduce your trips to the shed as well. you may want to turn off the logging featutes in boinctasks with small work units on GPU's. Dad and I have found that a dummy plug helps windows use the GPU. Some machines seemed to work better by expanding the desktop for me to help boinc detect all three cards. I hope this helps as we have success with this method on our AMD cards.

Yup Jason that did the trick Thank You. I call it a shed but it's really 2 12x12 rooms with cable, internet, phone, heat and air. and a 42" flat screen and refrigerator w/lazyboy recliner. Staying out of it isn't the idea, it's my get away.

Terry/Gatekeeper53

Milestones Yesterday
    • Dirk Broer passed 300,000
    • B Johansson passed 40,000
    • BobCat13 passed 40,000
    • NerdLifeAMD passed 60,000

I only once had to revert to the 'dummy plug approach': for my Intel HD2000, that useless piece of silicon -crunching-wise- in my i3-2100.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast