Thread: Article: October 2013 competitions

October competitions

It's October again and Brigade du Cosmos and BOINC Russia have jointly decided to go and search for the little green feller,
    offering no less than five consecutive challenges for Seti@Home. But there is more to do:

October 03 to October 06 - Crunch with the best, or lunch with the rest ! [Season 1 - Episode 10-12 : Oktoberfest Crunch]
    For this tenth edition : all in Munich to celebrate the last 3 days of the beer festival [Oktoberfest] before blow of cannon is fired at 12:00am ! A sandwich and a beer with our german friends within a friendly party internationally known ! Merry beer festival to all ! But don't forget to leave your computers switched ON for crunching during this challenge ;)
    Oktoberfest Crunch chat and stats page

October 04 to October 09 - The World Animal Day Challenge
    A Project Challenge for the Riesel LLR sub-project of PrimeGrid
    World Animal DAy Challenge forum page

October 07 to October 08 - World Architecture Day
    BOINC Russia has gone through an encyclopedia of rememberance days and has build upon that to celebrate this day. Will they start building with or for little green men?
    World Architecture Day chat and stats page

October 08 to October 09 - World Post Day
    BOINC Russia has gone through an encyclopedia of rememberance days and has found the post day to celebrate. Will they send post to the little green man?

October 10 to October 11 - World Mental Health Day
    BOINC Russia has gone through an encyclopedia of rememberance days and has lost their minds searching for this day. Have they gone nuts about little green men?

October 08 to October 09 - International Day of the Girl Child
    BOINC Russia has gone through an encyclopedia of rememberance days and has found something about little girls to celebrate. Have they suddenly turned their attention to little green girls?

October 12 to October 16 - Moon* Shine Challenge
    Sicituradastra has left us with the choice to either drop our pants and show them our behinds or -more likely- to try to beat them at DistrRTgen.
    Be sure to have the right characterset file in your project map!
    Moon* Shine Challenge chat and stats page

October 16 to October 23 - todos ayuda a calcular la trayectorias de misiles
    Team Colombia wants us to have a go at Constellation and explained the why in their best Ukrainian Spanish.
    todos ayuda a calcular la trayectorias de misiles chat and stats page

October 23 to October 30 - El proyecto se lleva a cabo sólo en el 0,020 por ciento
    Team Colombia wants us now to have a go at OProject@Home and again explained the why -in their steadily improving Ukrainian Spanish- in the title of the challenge.
    todos ayuda a calcular la trayectorias de misiles chat and stats page
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-03-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Updated the October 2013 competitions with the PrimeGrid project challenge, the forum link provides all you need to know.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Published the October comps - Thanks Dirk!
    Also enabled the comments
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Uh oh.... competition at OProject@Home. My confy #1 spot might be at risk if all of you guys with big artillery jump on it!

Oktoberfesten: Do not arm wrestle with this lady! I'd also avoid those teeth...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 11-01-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Uh oh.... competition at OProject@Home. My confy #1 spot might be at risk if all of you guys with big artillery jump on it!
    I'll try to close the gap with my medium artillery, but you'd better watch out for the guys with the big guns...

World Architecture Day has a little over four hours to go and still we have three members in the top-100: Dufman, B Johansson and me. I'm so glad with the load of AstroPulse I've been handed out by the project, helps me to maintain position!
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-07-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Oktober Crunch 2013!
    We (dark blue line) were doing really well till The Knights Who Say Ni! (bright green line, now at #5) and BOINC@Australia (light green, now at #6) stepped in:
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-10-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Moon* Shine Challenge, the battle for #5-8:

LAF, aka The Laughing French ended as #5, we as 6th, the Scotties came up to 7th and BOINC@Australia finished 8th
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 11-01-2013 at 12:06 AM.

El proyecto se lleva a cabo sólo en el 0,020 por ciento. the battle for 2nd place:

We ended up 2nd and have a nice AMD-green colo(u)r!