Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November 2013 Competitions

November 2013 Competitions

It is November time and those of us who live in the Northern hemisphere can start using their computers to heat their rooms, while those of us who live in the Southern hemisphere can start worrying about how to dump the excess heat in a pleasant way. Jacuzzi? Hair dryer?

October 27 to November 03 - Halloweek >8-E
    A left-over from previous month: BOINC Russia thinks we haven't yet had enough Seti@Home challenges and now has organized two at the exact same moment, one as Halloweek and one as Halloweek >8-E. Must have something to do with Halloween I guess.... Vaughan is working on his Seti score this time, followed by Thomas Green and more than twenty-six other AMD Users.

Halloweek chat and stats

November 01 to November 08 - Test new applications
    The quiet active Colombians -who speak Ukrainian so well- have organized a Albert@Home challenge. Albert@Home is the beta for Einstein@Home and runs very well on both nVidia and Ati/AMD cards.
    Test new applications chat and stats page

November 08 to November 15 - Challenge (1) parallel with other challenges WITHOUT USES CPU¶GPU !
    Those ever active Ukrainians -who can speak Spanish so well- have also organized a WUProp@Home challenge. WUProp is a so-called nci (non computing intensive) application that monitors how WUs of the various projects perform on the various hardware/software platforms.
    Challenge (1) parallel with other challenges WITHOUT USES CPU¶GPU chat and stats page

November 15 to November 22 - William Herschel - 275 anniversary of the birth
    The challenges keep coming from Eastern Europe: Astronomy.Ru Forum have organized a theSkyNet POGS challenge. theSkyNet POGS is a DC project that makes sky maps under various wave lengths.
    275th anniversary of William Herschel chat and stats page

November 28 to November 29 - [Twenty Four 013] Comet Ison Day Crunch
    Thirteenth edition of the serie of challenges between teams [Twenty Four] issued by the french team "BRIGADE DU COSMOS". [Twenty Four] serie of challenges aims to celebrate an important day of the History or of the year. 24 hours of intense crunch tribute to this day ! For this [Twenty Four 013], we celebrate the perihelion of the comet Ison (C/2012 S1). In this thursday 28 november 2013, the comet reaches the point of the orbit closest to the Sun : it will rise to just under 2 million kilometers (1.242.742 miles) from our star. A day of crunch to celebrate that ! Put your computer to work ! Happy Crunching !
    [Twenty Four 013]Comet Ison Day Crunch chat and stats page

November 29 to December 02 - [Season 1 - Episode 11-12 : Black Friday Crunch !]
    Crunch with the best, or lunch with the rest !" : first season (vintage 2013) with 12 episodes issued by the french team "BRIGADE DU COSMOS" ! 1 episode each month consisting of 72 hours of challenge. The title of each episode will be in relation of the month challenge. For this eleventh edition : That's done ! Ison's Comet passed near the Sun. It's now time to make shopping after celebrating Thanksgiving ! Good weekend of shopping to all the US citizens and happy Thanksgiving to everyone ! Keep crunching !
    Black Friday Crunch Stats and chat page
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 11-01-2013 at 12:01 AM.

We also have a WCG challenge on their site. It is scheduled for November 16 to November 22.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reminder! It's included now. I must be able to get my emerald FAAH badge in this challenge, you might want to ask for a color above sapphire (diamond, for 5 years of computing?)...

thanks for adding it. Best of luck getting your badge in faah. I'm hoping the project in beta is ready to run for the race as it would be nice to work on that badge and moving it to twenty years as well.

PrimeGrid challenge added too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1478963 View Post
    thanks for adding it. Best of luck getting your badge in faah. I'm hoping the project in beta is ready to run for the race as it would be nice to work on that badge and moving it to twenty years as well.
    You need more than just one extra color! Perhaps you should talk with the project at adding colored edges around the existing badges, signifying more than the present range of badges is able to do...?

I believe they have plans to add more badges to the current set along with some website changes. They are also working on adding another project to the list as well with the first batch of betas.

Next days you will have to choose -when you are in to challenges like me- between PrimeGrid, Pogs and WCG. Or try running two or even all three of these projects of course. Note there is a new WCG project: Mapping Cancer Markers.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 11-12-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Got my 2nd emerald!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    Got my 2nd emerald!
    Congrats Dirk !!
    So, maybe I missed it, but what project did you achieve emerald?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast