Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'll Huff and I will Puff and I will Bloooowwww Your House Down !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'll Huff and I will Puff and I will Bloooowwww Your House Down !

I remember this from my nursery rhythms from so many years ago. This is when the 3 little piglets were each in their homes and the big bad wolf would come to destroy their homes. The big Bad wolf would do this same verbal expression each time till he came to the fortified stone layers castle. This little piglet knew of the big bad wolfs intentions just by his actions in the past homes he destroyed. Now how does this have any co-identification with AMD Users Docking at Home Project you ask?

Listen up folks I am the BIG BAD WOLF.. for months I have been moving ever so slowly but at a consistent pace as I look to take over 7th place in the Team Rankings. At no time have I said anything till now that would infuriate anyone on the Team. I am not trying to infuriate anyone directly on the Team nor piss anyone off, I just keep adding points to my daily tally and keep adding up rankings week after week. First it will be 7th place then 6th place and so on. NO one is directly the root cause as I am just leaving my computer on one project and making a difference in our standings.

BUT; since I have moved in up my personal ranking the amount of additional AMD Users Team mates/workers/crunchers has almost doubled. We have moved up not one rank rating but Two. NO longer are we in 35th position but we are now ranked 33rd. Way to Go TEAM !!!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I am the BIG BAD WOLF.. for months I have been moving ever so slowly but at a consistent pace as I look to take over 7th place in the Team Rankings.
    Piglet from #7 here: The Boinc scheduler saw you coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    Piglet from #7 here: The Boinc scheduler saw you coming!
    I saw the jet fueled dragster begin its long awaited throttle up as I got near. Your house is not made of stone is it you devious little piglet?

Your house is on wheels how sneaky!

My house is not on wheels, but I do have a book about it:OnWheels-Warner.jpg

From Goodreads: "Set in an unlisted future, tribes of motorists careen across the highways of the nation, comprised of individuals born on the road, and who subsequently die on the road, always clicking along at speeds in excess of 40 miles per hour. To drop below this would be tantamount to blasphemy. Never to stop, remaining in perpetual motion, for fear of losing one's sanity or – worse yet – one's manhood. And, hidden within this world, is the woman who rides atop the bird of flames. The myth says that a man only sees her right before he dies (or whenever he has almost died. Or his speedometer rolls past the 50,000,000-mile mark. It's unclear.).

Billy Spoiler finds himself in direct competition with a clan known as the Ramps (every clan member takes their last name from that of their clan – Spoiler, Rail, Turnpike, etc.), and each clan name originates from some highway sight, thus maintaining the dignity of the road). In fact, the book is dedicated to the rivalry between Billy Spoiler and Lee Ramp. They both have much by way of bragging rights to the highways, and – of course – both are romanticizing the same girl. (She is, in fact, the only girl to appear in the novel, excluding for one female driver who gets killed off within the first few pages, face unseen. In a world where women are collectively referred to as “that gash,” and the sole female character is a duplicitous, shrill, two-timing nag – who ends up in need of immediate medical assistance directly because of her husband, our hero Billy Spoiler - this hardly seems surprising.)

Realistic it is not. These drivers never stop – not for refueling, not for traffic backups, not for malfunctioning gear, not for critical medical procedures... nothing stops these vehicles. Whether they are in motion with wheels on the asphalt, or on the bed of a transport truck, they are in a constant forward trajectory. But when one thinks on it, someone must stop somewhere. Who fills up the refueling trucks which provide gasoline to motorists in transit? And, although gasoline-powered vehicles are technically outlawed in this futuristic universe, how can such a thing as a refueling truck be allowed to remain in existence? And isn't it potentially lethal to refuel a car with gas while the engine is not only still engaged, but is hurtling forward at speeds of at least 40 per?

Satire, sure. It's supposed to be more inconceivable than logical. But On Wheels remains a satire that takes itself somewhat too seriously. And the real surprise here is that On Wheels was written by John Jakes - yes, the man who wrote North & South."
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 11-28-2013 at 02:00 PM.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    You guys are a hoot
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Piglet did you hear that voice? I just left Little Red Riding Hood in the last Fairy Tale and she followed me over to this tale, next I will have to deal with all the fairy tale creatures and the ogre named Shrek. And for God's Sake that blasted Donkey that won't shut up...

It was so quiet and an unassuming nice hearten sole like myself was just crunching data and not making any noise, then suddenly the sky fell. Geez Not another fairy tale, what have I stated..... This must all be make believe and therefore I must wallow in self pity as I look for solace in the forest!

Hiya Big Bad Wolf,

You seem to have trouble keeping up with my triple core A6-3500 at this moment: It will soon be laid off and my quad A8-3820 will take over its duties.

(The 3820 was temporarily laid off to replace its noisy AMD cooler with a Cooler Master Hyper 412S and it had to give off its big heath spreader Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz RAM and its Radeon HD 7750 to my A10-5700 in order to receive some Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 MHz back from the A10 and the HD 6670 and DVD drive from the A6)

All my son now has to do is buy good DDR3 memory (at least 1866 MHz CAS 9), a SDD (for the OS), a DVD/BluRay combo (to watch his ever growing collection of DVDs and BluRay disks) and a video card (2nd hand HD 6670?), and the A6 is soon back in business too....

His old P4 will be retained for old games, and might even go back to Win98 SE as OS.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 11-30-2013 at 10:42 PM.

I only have two cores, yes I would have trouble with three or more of your devastating mega machines. So yes three is a problem compared to my two! Now that we have come full circle that you would add more cores compared to my puny two core machine from ages (5400+ running at 2.8Ghz) ago maybe I would bow out and move to another project? Maybe then I will be able to do more good and not lose sleep as I awaken to more Fairy Tale creatures usurping my restive work load.
    Oh Fairy God Mother, what shall I do?
    Last edited by Nflight; 12-03-2013 at 12:14 PM.

'Devastating Mega Machines', I like that especially as the A8-3820 only has an μATX motherboard -a Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H, perhaps the best FM-1 μATX motherboard ever produced-
    and 8GB of Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 MHz RAM working OCd at 1866 MHz and that's all. No 8-core, no 32GB of RAM, no SSDs, and just a Sapphire HD 6670 with 2 GB of DDR3, the whole shebang running in a Corsair Carbide 200R.
    This ends today's commercials folks!

We speak with pride don't we ?

Here lies the point of how did you ever let me catch you in the first place Piglet? Was it Fairy God Mothers wishes that I sneak up on you or was it your ways of ignoring the proximity of my intent. "You don't know me very well do ya" (Famous quote by Bugs Bunny)! By the next upload of points we should see who has mastered the realm of crunching or not, I have a surprise for you Piglet!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast