Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Terry, the Gatekeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Dirk have you had any luck in contacting Gipper?
    Mailed him through BOINCStats, as there's no contact address on our forum. If he merges his account there may come a whopping 11 Million DNETC credits,
    provided this is 'our' Gipper: http://stats.distributed.net/partici...id=8&id=487873

I sent him a direct message through our files we do have him as a member. http://www.amdusers.com/forum/member.php/1019-Gipper It states he works as a
    Wal-Martian and lives in Arkansas. Neo-Gen also lives in the land of ARKANSAS! (I doubt NeoGen could find a way to gain his friendship and bring him to the web site)

Only an Admin could find his real email address and contact him. I think on page 6 or 7 on the Introduction Page you will find Gipper actually introducing himself. Other Then that I am at a loss to how to reach the man... but I must say I scoured the realm of digital media and came up pretty empty!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

It is nice to know that I am hard to find. I just quietly sit back and plug away with my few pc's to chew through for numbers.

Gipper is an old handle that I used back when I played MOHAA a decade ago when I started getting serious for SETI@Home then BOINC and I just carried the name over.

And, it is the only name/email combination that I have ever used for BOINC so all of my points are just under this one account.

I have read through this and tried to find how/where to setup for RC5 but am not having any luck. Just let me know and I will see what I can do.

Hi Gipper!

You will see a how-to in your BOINCStats messages (quoting AMDave's how-to from the forum: http://www.amdusers.com/forum/showth...nt-integration)

You may face a problem though as your password will be mailed to Gipper@moowrap.net.

I don't know if you will be able to access that. When you do, you need the password to join the RC5 AMD Users team.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-27-2013 at 11:31 PM.

I followed AMDave's post and setup the DNetC Client to allow for the account info to be setup there. My Moo account is already setup to match email addresses between them both. So later tonight or tomorrow, I should be able to get setup on the DNetC team with my small contribution for the project.

Hi Gipper

Gipper with what you stated above should get you onto the stats with no problem. If not we can always engage the admins at DNetC directly and ask for a fix! Thanks for stopping in to the Team Page. Between Dirk, Terry, and a few others we are slowly working on getting some people to notice we aren't dead yet!

GateKeeper 53 is now listed as one of the Top 100 contributors for BOINC, in fact he is now listed as #81... AWESOME Terry: https://boinc.berkeley.edu/chart_list.php you will have to scroll down to see his stats in gigaflops, I am impressed seriously impressed. GateKeeper53 did you just install a Christmas gifted GPU as your stats in RC5-72 have jumped a good bit yesterday!!!

Dirk you sure do know how to give a guy on his weekend off work a lot of work to do. But hey its all for the Team Effort sure I will do my best to look these folks up and see if we can get some action.

For all those wondering about how to connect yourself and then connect to the Team effort I found this link on the DNetC page: http://www.distributed.net/Docs_tutor_stats Hidden away around a corner sort of. The page is very descriptive but why they hid it under the Blog writings page I have no idea. No wonder people are not getting there DNetC page connected to the Moo Wrapper. People can't find the blasted thing!

Alright I have contacted each of them through our website forum personal message system.

Back to work ...
    Last edited by Nflight; 12-28-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Added that job is completed for now

Nope just some things caught up that didn't report the day before. I have a 6870 down waiting on a replacement fan coming from China. I had a bearing freeze up on it.

Terry/Gatekeeper53

You should try this:

EKWB aka EK Water Blocks

WaterCool

Aquagratix
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-29-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast