Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Terry, the Gatekeeper

Terry, the Gatekeeper

FreeDC seems to have discovered that Terry = Gatekeeper53, with devastating consequences for the stats of both...

I never pay attention so what's going on? I know I have 2 CPID's , and a few more real small old ones.
    9d4de930a6de730659b3ac41a4bb49e1 CPID Terry53
    and
    4eea722186d9760955be62367f0785d3 CPID Gatekeeper53

Terry/Gatekeeper53

Right at this moment these two signature pics tell it all (Both showing Terry, but one with a score of 9 million and the other with a score of 334 million)

The Moo scores will go down about 300,000 a day now since I lost a 6970 tonight in my main machine.

Terry/Gatekeeper53

ah Terry you devil.... lol Another gent with multiple id's. :-) More power to you and keep on krunching!!! By the way, I got rid of my 92YJ and bought a new 2013 Rubicon (2dr). Sold the Toyota 4x4's and a bunch of parts. So far really digging the JK as it's a comfy bugger. Just gotta get my winch and a few other goodies installed but that's going to have to wait for the spring as this 0 degree stuff isn't fun for an old man to be out playing with cold metal. :-)

Ai, and with winter just before the door, that's a loss you'll feel...if alone in temperature.
    Best replace it with a HD7950 if someone bought a R9 and wants to finance that by selling his old card.

The id's just didn't seem important way back when and most people went through several email addys as we went through ISPs. I thought about a new JK but it would end up my main vehicle and I like my Saab to much. (power top = lazy old fart) not to mention being scared to say "grab ahold of something I want to try this trail" for fear of denting it. lol I'll just keep beating up the TJ. I have been looking for a TJ Rubi, hopefully a mall crawler someone babied. As far as the 7950 I don't think I could get it to crunch Moo. So I'll pick up a couple more 6970's. I need to wait till after the first of the year since I won't run anymore with 2 big GPU's in the same box. Doing that I just don't have the control with the second unit that I want. I can't OC it and I can't control the fan, mainly the fan control is the problem.
    Last edited by Terry1953; 12-09-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Terry/Gatekeeper53

Yup, I hear you about the fans as they can easily drive you nuts to say the least. I keep wanting to get around to water cooling a big gpu, but that seems to be as far as I get as there is always something else to take up the bucks. This fall it's been my daughter's youngest daughter and her ballet lessons and related stuff. Turned out to be a lot more expensive than I thought it was going to be. However it's something the little one really loves and enjoys, so that's where some bucks have been going. lol

Worth every penny I'm sure. Hard to believe we can get so much enjoyment just watching someone else doing something they think is fun. The sad part about the 6970 is that I have had a WC system sitting here for almost a year and never installed it. I have it all apart and don't get any burnt smell but I'm pretty sure it's toast. I think the fan quit and there was nothing to shut it down or warn me with it being the second GPU on the system.

Terry/Gatekeeper53

You can test your abilities with placing your WC set on the dead card.
    If it's not dead afterwards you have a working card again, if it stays dead you know how to place the WC on the good card.
    I might do the same with my old GTX260...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-09-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast