Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Terry, the Gatekeeper

I have been letting the client run to get a couple of units before I tried anything. I saw that on DNetC's site that it takes 24 hours or so after the first few units were returned before the stats could update.

So far, it has not updated to the email address that I use. I have searched by it and it is not showing up anywhere on their stats page yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    I can almost guarantee which step has been missed.
    With Distributed.net, you have to complete & return at least 1 work unit via their client for their stats server to pick you up & complete the creation of your account.
    "You need to run the Dnet RC5 client for a few cycles so that a result is posted & the Dnet stats server sets you up correctly."
    After that you can then modify it and join the team.
    The steps are in the instructions posted earlier:
    http://www.amdusers.com/forum/showth...nt-integration

Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    So far, it has not updated to the email address that I use. I have searched by it and it is not showing up anywhere on their stats page yet.
    Hi Gipper,

Did you get a password for Gipper@moowrap on the address that you use? From statspass@distributed.net?

Did you click 'I want to join this team!' on http://stats.distributed.net/team/tm...d=8&team=28697
    and did you use Gipper@moowrap as name, together with that previously mentioned password?

If 'Yes' on both, then we'll just wait to see what happens...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-30-2013 at 09:39 PM.

No, I have not gotten the password. I do not think that the info has updated since there has not been a single RC5-72 job ran only the OGR jobs.

I just tried requesting my password again but so far no response to my email address yet.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    You need to run an RC5-72 task.
    The user lists are unique for each sub project.
    HTH
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Could it be the Holiday is interrupting the process?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Found the issue. In the client, you have to specify which project has priority and it was defaulted to OGR instead of RC5.

In the standard client downloaded from DNetC, the option in the configuration settings under:

2 - Buffer and Buffer Update options
    then
    9 - Load-Work Preference

There are now RC5-72 units running on the client now. Hopefully, this will crack the update issue when the next database update takes place.

The only member returning OGR points yesterday was Jamers, for OGR-26

In OGR-26 we're at #91, one place below....Team AMD, a one-man team from Stelios Zempos.

Since this original post is about Terry - Gatekeeper53 = I just want to say thank you for your gracious output of World Community Grid in the Month of December 2013 competitions. Your 330,000 points were awesome! ! ! ! GREAT JOB TERRY, And everyone else that contributed Thank you all for your contributions.
    Last edited by Nflight; 01-01-2014 at 04:51 PM. Reason: It is my spelling that will shoot me in the end

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

It updated but did not merge the existing account with the new one that it created today.

S, now I have two accounts shown but no way so far to merge the two together.

Hi Gipper,

Merging accounts can be rather tricky, as AMDave already explained. You need access to both accounts, and the creation of a new one today raises some doubts about that. Main thing is now to have both accounts under AMD-Users, as that was what this whole exercise was about.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 01-03-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast