Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Terry, the Gatekeeper

Even if both accounts are running the important feature is the "joining the Team effort we are looking for here" Form the Help and Support links on the DNet WebSite I found this:
    Joining a team

"To join an exising team, you will need your stats password. To learn how to obtain your stats password, check out this section of the stats tutorial.

Once you have your stats password, you need to go to the stats page of the team you want to join. To join the team click on the "I want to join this team" link at the very bottom of the page. You will then be prompted for your email address and your stats password. Once you enter this information, you will be signed up under that team. Your subsequent work will be credited to that team from the next stats update on."
    Last edited by Nflight; 01-03-2014 at 06:13 PM. Reason: More emphasis on Joining Team Effort

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Help and Support link: http://www.distributed.net/Docs_tutor_stats

On that link above it explains how to join two existing accounts, while retiring one and remaining one for operational crunching. The wording goes like this:

" Retiring previously credited work units to a new stats account

A feature has been added to the stats server to enable you to "retire" the work units associated with an old email address of yours to a new address. This will enable you to gracefully migrate from one email address to another without losing all your previously flushed work units.

The "retire-to" feature can be invoked from your old email's participant configuration page (you will need the password associated with that old email address). On that page you must click on the retire link and follow further instructions.

Prior to that, you will need to:

configure your clients to use your new email address
    wait for your new email address to appear in the stats database
    know the password for the email you wish to retire "

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Perhaps Gipper may want to check his account page at the Moo!Wrapper (http://moowrap.net/show_user.php?userid=4200), to check his given email address (http://moowrap.net/edit_email_form.php) for Moo!Wrap.

This will most likely be the address used to mail him the needed password. If it's the same address Gipper has been using all the time, he may want to check his spam folder to see what's there.

I have tried to get the password for the original account but with no luck.

I received the email for the new account with no issues at all.

But, the Gipper@moowrap.net account is just not giving me the information that I need.

I am going to try to change the email address in my Moo Wrapper account that is tied to DNetC then wait a couple of days and change it back to see if that will fix the problem.

Otherwise, I will not be able to add the existing credits to the new DNetC account.
    Last edited by Gipper; 01-05-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Sleep typing sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Otherwise, I will not be able to add the existing credits to the new DNetC account.
    That would be a real pity, as you have twice as much credit in the BOINC Moo!Wrap as me, and more than 11 Million credits in DNETC's RC5-72.

Your hard earned credits would make the team jump almost two ranks, over the 2ch, Team and just after ---xlr8yourmac.com---

BTW: Did you receive the mail I send via your Moo!Wrap account page?
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 01-05-2014 at 02:23 PM.

I did receive the PM through Moo Wrap but only after I looked for it. My settings did not notify me of your PM but that is changed now.

I did receive the PM through Moo Wrap but only after I looked for it. My settings did not notify me of your PM but that is changed now.
    Found any mail from statspass@distributed.net?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    Found any mail from statspass@distributed.net?
    No, not in MooWrap and the only ones in my email are for the new account.

No, not in MooWrap and the only ones in my email are for the new account.
    The password should have gone to the email address you originally gave when you registered for the Moo!Wrapper.
    This calls for a call to the Moo!Wrapper and/or Distributed.Net Admins, I fear.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 01-08-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    The password should have gone to the email address you originally gave when you registered for the Moo!Wrapper.
    This calls for a call to the Moo!Wrapper and/or Distributed.Net Admins, I fear.
    Just asked to mail your password to your address three times within a minute. If all is right you should be able to find it in your spam box.....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast