Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Users Performance Contest - Spring 2005 (Finished!)

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

AMD Users Performance Contest - Spring 2005 (Finished!)

For the full tables with all members follow the link below:
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest.htm
    (As you can see, the webpage is now hosted on our site. Thanks should go to our site admin spjeff69 for lending me a bit of space to upload it here. Thanks)

Today, June 7th 2005, the contest has finished.
    Congratulations to the winners!
    And Thanks Everyone for participating! :D

17-or-Bust
    WINNER: chaz32 with 89.81 T cEM's
    Runner-ups:
    vaughan with 68.18 T cEM's
    SlackPawn with 31.68 T cEM's

DNET OGR25
    WINNER: SlackPawn with 345,512 Gnodes
    Runner-ups:
    DMMc with 312,737 Gnodes
    SB2 with 246,790 Gnodes

DNET RC5-72
    WINNER: bwhite with 50,683 Blocks
    Runner-ups:
    72CJ5 with 17,234 Blocks
    SlackPawn with 7,375 Blocks

Find-a-Drug
    WINNER: SlackPawn with 4,904,240 Gflops
    Runner-ups:
    kamaLEIGH with 4,251,392 Gflops
    Elez with 2,705,024 Gflops

Folding@Home
    WINNER: DMMc with 75,758 points
    Runner-ups:
    SlackPawn with 25,492 points
    Raymond_Gray with 22,822 points

Grub
    WINNER: bwhite with 25,737,976 URL's
    Runner-ups:
    SlackPawn with 23,331,970 URL's
    Beerknurd with 3,833,938 URL's

WhatPulse
    WINNER: gamer007 with 10,267,090 keys
    Runner-ups:
    bwhite with 3,850,129 keys
    vaughan with 3,224,206 keys

Site Admin
    April 25th
    I've done a number of little things in the past couple of weeks but have been too lazy to post them. Among them are the light green/dark green colored stripes in the tables for easier reading, and the totals summary on the bottom of the page, under the table.

April 7th
    Added some basic charts to the contest pages.

April 5th
    As of now, members with more than one username in the contest projects will have their values merged into a single username. This is indeed a very flexible data parsing process, for example, it would allow me to create sub teams of users within our team for future contests. Imagine the possibilities... :D

March 30th
    Tables are now generated automatically in HTML at the press of a button. And it includes more info that the previous ones did. :D

March 29th
    I've just set an end date for the contest, June 7th.

March 27th
    I'm almost finishing an automatic process to generate the HTML tables for the contest. This is one of several steps I'm taking in order to have the contest updating process fully automated someday. Right now it's only semi-automatic.

March 25th
    Finally figured out what was going wrong on F@H stats for keithw1975. There are two equal usernames on the team. Now to workaround that will be another problem...

March 22nd
    New update, and new bug found on the updating system. I almost got data corrupted because of it. Anyway, no bug found lives too long on my hands...

March 21st
    As always, and like stated in murphy's law, bad things happen when we least want them to. I had a few problems here and had to make a part of the work manually, that is why the stats post got an hour late here. I'm sorry everyine!
    Oh well, we learn from mistakes. And another thing I learned is that it can be a bit hard to make up an organized table in a forums post... I gave up...

March 20th
    First data collection done with success. Base values retrieved, recorded and backed up.

Site Admin
    March 19th
    Hello everyone, members and visitors of our forum. In the past couple of months I've been developing knowledge and means to analyze our team's statistical data, and for someone who rarely touched Excel before, I now consider myself quite a craftsman on it. Still not even near the level of our statsman Ototero :notworthy: but I'm working my way up!

So, to put to test the things I've learned and developed with the help of several more experienced team members (thanks guys, you know who you are ;) ), and with the autorization of our administrators, I've come up with a full featured team contest that will not only serve to see how well I've been doing here, but will also be a way for everyone to prove its power! :D

The AMD Users Performance contest will be my project where I'll monitor each and everyone's daily performance and will be a proof of resistance as I'll be counting everyone's production during the three months it'll take place. The contest will begin with the following 7 projects only, and I'll post statistical data regularly for everyone to see how well they've been doing and comparing to others, as well as their position in the contest at each project. The projects will be 17-or-Bust, OGR-25, RC5-72, Folding@Home, Find-a-Drug, Grub and WhatPulse.

Everyone that is registered in our team in these projects is automatically in the contest, as well as all new users that come along during the time the contest runs. And no matter how big or low values you presently got on the tables, for the contest everyone will start equally at zero.

Temporary pauses on the contest are possible to happen if need arises. Nevertheless you'll be warned ahead if the contest has to be paused for some days for whatever reason. Just keep an eye on this thread, it'll be the only place where I'll post about it. And don't worry because all values will be safely kept and once the contest restarts again we'll continue counting from where we left off.

Start date will be March 20th at 00:05 (GMT time), at that time I'll make the first value readings and it will serve as the base values, those values will be the zero values. From there on it'll be just adding up!

I don't have any prizes to offer other than the recognition of merit for having been one of the top producers of our team during this Spring. Your names will be recorded in our team's history logs for future generations to come. ;)

Only rule I can think of right now for the contest would be:
    - Thou shall not sabotage a fellow team member's rigs!

And that's all for now. You can start rigging, borging, assembling, and fine-tuning your machines as the contest is about to start in 24 hours more or less. Good luck to everyone and happy crunching! Any doubts or questions, post here please. Have fun! :D

I wanna win
    Computer Repair in Clarksville, TN
    http://ClarksvillePCRepair.com

Site Admin
    Don't we all?

I probably won't win on any of them as I ruled out my own specialties, Pirates and Burp, due to being projects that have little work out and with very few people in it on our team.
    But I'll be hosting the contest which is also very good. :D

Now boys and girls, I'll be the judge here, so keep it clean, no hitting below the waist or sabotaging the fellow members. Give it your best, and may the best ones win :D

How come Ubero isn't on the list????

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Me Too !

I wonder which project(s) each of us will choose ???
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

sounds good to me, are you gonna post the results per day / week / update anywhere fro su to see ?
    or do we have to wait till the end and then find out where we are.

Site Admin
    About posting the stats.... I thought of it like a grand prix, the first week will be daily, to see who starts off better from the starting grid, and then it will be once a week which is equivalent to updating the results lap by lap if this was a grand prix :P
    If I notice large changes, like for example someone start producing 10x more than his average, I'll update the stats to show, and at the same time it'll serve as a warning to the rest of the people.
    And in the last week or two I'll post daily too. It'll probably be the moment where people will push harder to try to get up in the ranks.

About not having Ubero and others... sorry beerknurd I can't handle them all yet.
    But if this projects comes up with good results, and if the people want, I could host a Summer edition, and by the time that comes up I believe I'll have the power to handle more projects here. And I'll not forget your request, I'll put Ubero on the list.

k sounds good to me. a bit of project rotation for the summer aswell so all peoples personal favourites can be processed.

maybe D2ol next time aswell as we have some good crunchers on that and it hasnt been a priority for almost 9 moths or so.

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast