Thread: AMD goes ARM-64

AMD goes ARM-64

It Begins: AMD Announces Its First ARM Based Server SoC, 64-bit/8-core Opteron A1100

Around 15 months ago, AMD announced that it would be building 64-bit ARM based SoCs for servers in 2014. Less than a month into 2014, AMD made good on its promise and officially announced the Opteron A1100: a 64-bit ARM Cortex A57 based SoC. More....

Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-02-2014 at 12:20 AM.

There is a new version of the AMD 64-bit ARM board:

Quite unlike the 32-bit ARM development boards it has two DDR3 ECC SODIMM memory slots -one on and one under the board- and PCI Express x16!

I liked this version better though:
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-06-2015 at 07:23 PM.

Sounds interesting and while i was reading some of the comments I found this
    "Buying Intel chips is just as dangerous as buying natural fur or blood diamonds, you feed a crime syndicate!! Get informed & get educated and buy an alternative if there is one if not sustain the creation of alternatives. Never in the history of IT was there a company as crime involved and as toxic to the environment and fair and open markets as Intel is right now! Get informed and understand the risks and don't give into any of this! You see a tablet powered by Intel - don't buy it! Same goes for anything Intel else but at least don't feed this "contra-revenue" thing or you'll feed a new monster! Show intel it can't bribe itself into any market! You the customer have the final say in this!