Thread: Yoyo: weird behaviour

Yoyo: weird behaviour

One of my systems would not upate my Yoyo-score, so I detached and tried to attach the project again.
    No such luck: I get a message that the url is that of a non-existant BOINC project ???

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    That error usually means the connection URL is incorrect. Use the one on the project's web site. Copy & Paste.

If it is failing to connect to the project and others are not, then it could just be an errant firewall rule on the machine or on the router.

It could just be that the project was not 'fully' available at the time.
    Mostly you'd get a different error message, but partially through a backup/restore/machine migration you could get some weird errors.
    However, if that was the case it should be working again by now.

If not, then I recommend stopping all new work on that machine, run down the cache, then wipe the BOINC install and start again, because I suspect your BOINC client (esp Machine ID and/or CPID) on that machine has gone awry.
    It has happened to me a couple of times over the last several years.
    Not sure how it occurs, but a clean install of BOINC always fixes it.

HTH
    Last edited by AMDave; 02-28-2014 at 07:22 AM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    One of my systems would not upate my Yoyo-score, so I detached and tried to attach the project again.
    No such luck: I get a message that the url is that of a non-existant BOINC project ???
    Are you running boinc ver. 7.2.39? If so, upgrade to ver. 7.2.42. Ver. 7.2.39 has a bug that causes the language setting to send gibberish to project servers and yoyo seems to be the project most sensitive to the gibberish.
    Last edited by BobCat13; 03-03-2014 at 01:37 PM.

It still fails to add the project, but no longer with the weird message.

Update: I could add Yoyo again a few hours later, a big thanx to BobCat13 for the suggestion to update my Boinc Manager!
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-02-2014 at 10:20 PM.