Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Launch of new Weather@Home Experiment

Launch of new Weather@Home Experiment

The link is here: Weather@Home This project has been quiet for along long time!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Do the tasks run for ages like the original Climate Prediction time wasters? If so I'm not interested.

At this moment I can not download a full work unit. So I can not answer your question of how long do the work units run. I have made a post on the forums requesting assistance and to see if anyone else can not download the work units. Time will return a response, just not yet!

OK I managed to download a task approx 100MB d/l. BOINC says 163 hours predicted run-time on a Lenovo T430 notebook Win 7 64-bit Intel I7-3520 @ 2.90GHz with 16GB ram.

Well after struggling with BOINC and banging my head against the wall, I finally got a work unit to download completely. It states 209 Hours on my system. Lets hope It gets to finish. Your right Vaughan their Work Units need to be less hoards of the system then they are now to get me to try another WU. but if I can assist any project it would be one named weather, if only we can control it?

To quote Mark Twain: "Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get..."
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-29-2014 at 07:38 PM.

One work Unit is at 290 hours and still nearly 30% needs to be completed, whew this is going to be one of my last WU's ever for this project. Till they come back to earth with something that jives with the rest of the DC community!

I managed to get 4 tasks, 1 errored while computing, 3 completed in about 172 hours averaging 34.5 points per hour on my Lenovo T430 notebook, Intel i7-3520M @ 2.9GHz 16GB RAM Win 7 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    averaging 34.5 points per hour
    'nuff said...

Seriously trying my Patience but, I have been at it this long I will wait it out! Single Work unit at 84% finished 315 hours so far, with 42 hours remaining. Oh my God I am going to faint if I can wait this out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast