Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I need a new AMD system - I need my Team Mates HELP

Real impressive list of Triggles though:

Well the new system came in last night. The first thing I did was I forgot to turn off Sleep & Hibernation, Oops!

Since this is a new system and it has a new OS, and many other feature's I am unused to the last few hours have been an eye opening amazement. I like that when I reboot the system is up in 4 secs, that's hard to get used too! The video responses and latency issues have completely changed my perspective of the internet. Since having difficulty for the last 6 months, I was so used to shortages in operating any web site. Now with quicker response times across the board the latency issues are gone.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Well the new system came in last night. The first thing I did was I forgot to turn off Sleep & Hibernation, Oops!
    Don't forget to turn off the defragmentation for your SSD either!

The man who put my system together has already pre-set the Defragmentor to 'Never Run' Thanks Dirk, again and again and???

OK this was a bad day with a run in with an angry Business adviser. I somehow deserved some of the accusations but then it focused itself into a migraine. Now I have an odd problem and I need any ones assistance. I have counted repeatedly and it seems I have (9) CPU work units + (1) GPU work unit crunching at the same time! How can this be when I only have 8 cores? I know I have been working too hard but this is really stretching my imagination, could this be a hallucination while under duress or something. Sounds like a job for our experimental psychology expert. Any one, any one?
    Last edited by Nflight; 06-24-2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: added some words, oh blimey!

Which projects are running? Any of them nci (like e.g. WUProp)?

I am crunching one GPU Collatz Conjecture Large work Unit at this moment, should be done in 3 weeks or so! I am then crunching Oproject with my CPU's. I think Oproject has a series of nci work units that only give out small amounts of points values called ALX's I think!
    Last edited by Nflight; 06-26-2014 at 02:08 PM. Reason: spelling damnit

OProject is vci (very computing intensive). All WUs of any kind take longer when the Collatz WU hasn't been given a full CPU core while doing its OpenCL thing.
    Without manual intervention, you should be able to crunch Collatz, eight OProject WUs plus a nci WUProp WU. Things wil gooooo ever sooo slooooow however.
    My advise would be to reserve a CPU core for Collatz by adding this app_config.xml file to the Collatz project directory

<app_config>
    <app>
    <name>solo_collatz</name>
    <max_concurrent>1</max_concurrent>
    <gpu_versions>
    <gpu_usage>1.0</gpu_usage>
    <cpu_usage>1.0</cpu_usage>
    </gpu_versions>
    </app>
    </app_config>

This will speed up both Collatz and OProject processing.

How do you insert this into a windows system?

Using notepad to create the file, saving it as app_config.xml in

C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\boinc.thesonntags.co m_collatz

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast