Thread: Docking@home News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

Docking@home News

Docking@Home is Retiring
    With a heavy heart, we are announcing the retirement of the Docking@Home project. Unfortunately, we no longer have the resources to maintain the project. Starting on April 30, 2014 Docking@Home will no longer be distributing new jobs but will continue to collect results. On May 23, 2014 the server will stop accepting results as the project enters retirement. We hope that you can use this time to point your workers to new VC projects. (here is a link to active BOINC projects). Over the past 9 years we’ve had 98,512 Volunteers contribute computing power from 264,535 hosts. We have granted a total of 5,422,290,917 credits, which means our volunteers contributed roughly 159,398,584 Hours (18,196 years!) of computation. Back in Jan we made all of the result data public and we will keep that interface active. Thank you to everyone that made Docking@home a success over the years. It’s been fun! Please join us on the forums to share your best and worst story from the project.Over the past few months we’ve been working on bringing the ExSciTecH project to life. We hope that you will join us in our adventure on this new project. Feel free to stop by the ExSciTecH forums and say “Hi”!.Thanks for your support over the years!The Docking@Home Team

More...

Quote Originally Posted by Docking@Home View Post
    Please join us on the forums to share your best and worst story from the project.
    The worst: What about not solving user problems?
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 04-08-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Docking@Home View Post
    Feel free to stop by the ExSciTecH forums and say “Hi”!
    been there, tried that, couldn't pronounce it...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 04-08-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Wow what a time to be without most of my pharm. Looks like I won't be able to catch Beerknurd as he is 740,000 points in front even if I switched my remaining PCs over now.

I agree Dirk - I couldn't pronounce it either.

Question: How come they can run that new site but cannot run Docking?

In answer to their question what I found frustrating was why my Q6600 CPUs could never manage to get over the stuck at 1% completed task hurdle. Docking's programmers consistently ignored this user complaint for years; it was part of the reason I ignored their project for so long.

I WIN!!!!!!!! BWAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!