Thread: Climateprediction.net News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

Climateprediction.net News

Two New Post-Doc Vacancies with the Project
    As part of our new collaboration project with Climate Central, we are now advertising for two new post-docs to join our project in Oxford.

More...

If I reach a level of education that has adorned me with a prestigious appointment of Doctor then I most certainly am not looking for to extend my current fiscal woes as an RA for any project. Just my two cents!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

You'd rather be on the dole with a PhD than have a job as post-doc with the possibility of a more permanent job?

Permanent job with a credible income. As most of these projects are run by universities their ability to pay the higher dollar value is diminished.

Any university job pays better than parcel courier....

I did not mean it that way Dirk; reverse your thinking please. I mean your worth more and to get paid more you should work away from the University. I know many who have reached the PhD level of education and leave the university realm because the pay can be so much higher. At least here in the states its that way. Now in the rest of the world I am not sure of the situations of employment from a PhD stand point.

Live a meager life - stay at University pay, Live an outstanding life and receive exorbitant benefits and salary when you join the capitalistic entrepreneurs who will pay you top dollar for your knowledge.

It all depends on your field of specialization. I've found the field of applied experimental psychology closed to those who have no actual working experience when I graduated in 1988.
    Nowadays the field of user support seems closed to people of age 55+ with actual working experience, but without certificates.