Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trigggls Champion - - Shares his thoughts

Trigggls Champion - - Shares his thoughts

Being Trigggls Champion for Team AMD Users comes with its responsibility too! Just what does it take to be #1 well I would say the most important attribute is persistence and perseverance. You can't reach the goal of #1 with out the undying attention it takes to reach a pinnacle of scoring just enough but not too much in order to maintain that quandary of level of greatness.

I took a look at my fabulous old computer and found that as a competitor but I could not put out the scores others were achieving but I could donate 10,000 to each project. (I remember AMDave stating these figures many years ago) If only it ran long enough for my computer and its resources to obtain those warranted points values we all obsess over. So with the little computer that could I tried my very best to make it work out that 10,000 was my goal for each and every project.

In the end I had to usher in a new computer to get any work done was becoming frustrating. Now I have something I can run with the big dogs and not get trampled a or left in the dust storm. Wait for me I yelled, now its a different story.

What is a Trigggl anyway; It is a level of points values between 10,000 and 10,100 does the trigggl actually occur. If you add each project up that these projects equal in that range you will find my total of trigggls. Yes there are other men and women crunching data like this as I counted 133 people who have more then or >1 Triggl to their name. Nice job everyone.

Remember as a Team Member I like to contribute at least 10,000 points to every Project, maybe you should yearn to do the same!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Team Champions

Trigggls are part of the so called 'fun-stats' from FreeDC.
    There are quiet a few, and each has its (team)champion.

And while Nflight is our best Trigggler (and a 5th place world-wide),

AMDave is our top Bok (and a 2nd place world-wide),

B Johansson and me -at the moment- jointly have the honour of being the teams loudest Clankers (19th world-wide), but this title changes owner all the time, other loud clankers being Vaughan, Trent, BobCat13, LeonardoXIV and joffymartin72.
    Vaughan is in a league of his own, holding the team best score for Maxwells, Vaios, MIRB's, TeraMIRB's, most projects and a host of milestones that is longer than my left arm.

Agghhh but those Clanks are hard to get #1 in.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    And even worse to hold onto!

Nflight reminded me of a number of old threads.
    I wholeheartedly agree with Nflight and congratulate him on his world #5

Back in the newsletter days, we used to divide our efforts into 2 or 3 groups of capability so that we could compare our output with others in the same capability range.
    I think that Bok's implementation of the MM suggestions by Trigggl Clank and Maxwell has been one of the best things to happen to DC in a long while.
    This gave us all targets that we could achieve an improve on within our own capability range.

Looking back I had a large bagful of Trigggls and had been waving the flag for 10K targets for several years.
    Everyone can get 10 K in a project (if it stays up and stable long enough) and getting a few more of them encourages us all to get to know the BOINC and DC realm better and learn more about the projects that we contribute to.
    I still think that bagging as many 10K milestones as you can is a great way to get introduced to DC and hitting the milestone over and over is excellent reward for the effort.

I still recommend this as a great way to get more involved in contributing to science
    learning how to land Trigggls teaches great control, accurate estimates and lots and lots of patience ;)
    So if you like to challenge yourself, a bagfull of Trigggls should be the FIRST step.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

I know there are links to each of these mentioned levels of success but just what is a Bok, and how do you achieve such an honor? I know this sounds weird but I have two and have no idea what level of greatness that means if I don't even know the range of aptitude to achieve.

Then there are the others mentioned by Dirk, Vaughan, and AMDave. What does all that mean in translation terms please explain!

Just by looking at AMDave's scores you can guess that a Bok is the 100,000 - 101,000 credit equivalent of the Trigggle.
    TeraBoks are the number of projects where your score is between 1,000,000 and 1,010,000
    Gibson: 10,000,000 - 10,100,000
    Bozo: 100,000,000 - 101,000,000
    Vaios are given for those projects that you are in the top-four of your sign-on date.
    Clanks are the number of projects you are active in over the last 28 days.
    A Maxwell is a count of how many Mega Milestone categories that you have at least half of the top producer in that category.
    MiRBs: number of milestone categories in which you rank in the top 1000, excluding the MiRB category itself.
    TeraMiRBs: number of milestone categories in which you rank in the top 100, excluding the MiRB category itself.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 06-17-2014 at 08:34 PM. Reason: 1,010,000, Gibson, Bozo

WoW Thank You Dirk.... !!!

I just got another Trigggl, so add one more to the tally. It probably won't finalize till all the work units have been anointed points. But hey one more to the tally can't hurt. Now that I know how these different Free-DC stats rankings are valued I am surging for as high a value in Clanks as I can muster... Woo Hoo Rats non-BOINC projects don't count... DARN

MIRB's and I have a discussion to resolve. How come I have way over the listed number of Mirb's and only show a smaller amount? Do the Mirb's have to be non-retired to count? Link The Website says I have 15 and I count 58. Where am I coming up with frustration !! ?? Oh the Humanity

MIRBs are about Milestones, so you got one for
    1. your 100k's,
    2. your Bok's,
    3. your 50k's,
    4. your 25k's,
    5. your 10k's,
    6. your Trigggls,
    7. your 1k's,
    8. your top 1000 ranks,
    9. your top 100 ranks,
    10. your top 10 ranks,
    11. your Vaios,