Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ASICs and BOINC

I managed to score a 2nd hand 333 MH/s USB block erupter for a mere 5 Euro's, I'll let you guys know how it works when it arrives.

Dirk,
    Amazon have rockbox R-miner 32 GH/s new from Germany for @ 70 - 80 euro. 100 times the power. Also Butterflylabs little single 30 GH/s ASIC miners are 70 - 90 euro 2nd hand on E-bay. I have a few antminer U2's and bit and bi furies as well. The block eruptor is the lowest power ASIC you can get and is obsolete, the U2 antminer is really a minimum. If you have any problems getting it to work though give me a PM at TSBT.
    Alez

I am satisfied with anything that prevents me from dropping in the ranks while crunching all-out.
    So far the block-erupter gets me around as much credits a day as its hashing speed (meaning a single stick of 333 kH/s gives you around 333,000 credits a day).
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-16-2014 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiHost View Post
    Hello Team, About BU, i'm not using any kind of app_file, pretty much plug an play except for the driver, i have 1 R-BOX can get 30,000,000+ a day, plus i have 2 antminer U2 can get up to 3,000,000 a day with these. R-Boxes can be found Amazon for 60.00, free shipping and don't forget a 12V/6 Amp power supply. I hope this helps. Rick H
    Some how I missed your post MiHost - BUt thanks for the link to these small and powerful devices, currently looking at all the different ways to go after Asic's mining. I would like to get back to crunching BitCoin Utopia and this looks to be the way!!! I am thinking about purchasing one or two of these units.

I do have a serious question though. There are no pictures beyond what is supplied on Amazon; do they plug into your computer or are they stand alone systems?

I found pictures that show everything: LINK
    Last edited by Nflight; 08-06-2014 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Added Link

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Hey guys,
    Hope you don't mind if I stop off with you guys for a little while on my way back to TSBT after doing a bit of crunching for my old team of Ireland.
    Alez

Well, it is only a few days till the 'International talk like a pirate day', so welcome pirate! I'd say
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-16-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    I am satisfied with anything that prevents me from dropping in the ranks while crunching all-out.
    So far the block-erupter gets me around as much credits a day as its hashing speed (meaning a single stick of 333 kH/s gives you around 333,000 credits a day).
    Meaning a 11 mH/s Nano Fury USB miner ought to bring you up to 11 million credits a day, per usb stick.....(a conservative guestimate as the nano is basically six USB antminers (Ã* 1.6-2.2 gH/s) on one stick).
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-17-2014 at 06:27 AM.

If AMD Users doesn't mind another guest cruncher, I'll stop in, after TSBT get's back in the #1 UK spot, for a day or two. Not trying to upset the apple cart. Just want to make good on the offer my team mate had passed along while I was trying to hide some credits.
    Last edited by scole of TSBT; 09-17-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Looks like the pirate is already gone before the International Talk Like a Pirate Day has even started!
    (coming Friday the 19th, Get ye some loot ye landlubber. Happy talk like a pirate day 2014 ye scurvy dog. Thanks for crunching some of our information stuff. Now, walk the plank! -just to quote the comment with an appropriate POGS trophy)
    I hope Scole still can drop a few million BU credits into our account.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-17-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks Scole for the offer...

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast