Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: ASICs and BOINC

I have 3 hex-fury's and agree that get very hot. Cost me about 100 UK Pounds each. They are amazing point scorers. The whole BOINC-wide points system is now totally dominated (ruined? / controversial) by Bitcoin Utopia. But I agree with Alez its all about the points and the ranks.

I'm going to head home again soon guys, By then you should be up a few more places in the ranks. As before, will pop back over for a bit or will come back if you guys are under threat. Dirk knows where to find me and scole if you need. Catch you all on the next competition As always, been a pleasure hanging out with your team.

Thanks for the effort! I believe ASICS are the future for Distributed Computing. It would be nice to be able to choose between more projects,
    but the campaigns set up by BU (there are two more coming, one to support BOINCStats) do more for the advance of science than e.g. the two Almere projects do.

There are quite a few more projects than since the last post. Love it or hate it, I agree that BU providing support for milkyway, Seti, the woodward effect etc has far more practical value than a lot of projects that are deemed acceptable or ' real' science. Been a little while since I have been around with you guys and the teams around you seem to be getting external boosts so if you don't mind will hang out for a day or two .
    Alez

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567