Hey guys

Almost nobody here talks about their jobs and daily grind, but I figured I'd share a little bit of good news from my end.
For the last approximately 7 years I've been a Tech Support Technician, which is a very vague position, my tasks ranged everything from cleaning equipment to configuring and managing virtual appliances and everything in-between, but mostly handling day-to-day customers that need help getting their computers running as they should.
But just a week ago my boss gave me an early Christmas present, and I was officially promoted to Network Administrator!
So just days before leaving for vacation I wrangled up most of the junk I collected over the years and set myself up on the new location with the guys at the Infrastructure Support team, and have now for 2018 a number of new fun/challenging projects, and a full range of access over the enterprise network.

All this to say, I hope everyone starts off 2018 as well as I am starting! I plan to build myself an Epyc home server this year. I've had the plans in my mind for a long time already but the budget was not available, I think 2018 will be an EPYC year for me.