Look to run a big batch of models at work - approx 30.

I want to run 8 models at once (or 4, depending on RAM usage and hyper threading as it's a Xeon E3-1240V2) but I want all the models to be queued up and "ready to go".
My initial thought was to create 8 (or 4) batch files with the models split equally as much as possible between them and the batch script will progress through them as they go. However, I realised that isn't the most effective method as all the long running models might be put in one batch file and this might take longer to run than the one with a shorter models.

What I'm therefore after is an app that or program that would accept a pool of 8(4) models, run them and when one is complete, move another from the "pool" or queue into position and process. From looks, this is a thread pool? However, I can't see a program to run them really - it's all code to build into apps, rather than scripts.This is a Windows machine.

I found Batch Runner but it's single core only, so not to much different to running a batch file for each core.
Remote access isn't really an option - this is to be designed and run now, for completion after christmas (so it'll be processing from now until then!).

Does anyone know of a program/hack/script that will let me achieve what I need? I'm sure years ago I had a program that would run a new Folding instance when one ended, thus allowing me to create a "queue" for F@H. Though that was probably single core.