Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Anyone up for a SOB run?

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    A Big Welcome to the Party SB2! something tells me our team output for today will be way up!
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

also just added a 8-way barcelona for grins.

Hmmm.... now this is getting interesting.

I just loaded a Beta version and it looks like I'm getting very close to a 20% increase in speed. It's on an old single core. It went from 40.5 minutes for 10 blocks to 32.2 min.

You 2 are going to make a little differance Dave is going at about 175 cEm/sec and SB is at about 80!

Quote Originally Posted by gatekeeper53 View Post
    You 2 are going to make a little differance Dave is going at about 175 cEm/sec and SB is at about 80!
    Looks like the team has hit 400 cEMs/sec, anyone up to trying for 500?

just put the majority of my remaining cpu's on, though half are also finishing up boinc wu's.
    not going to match our newcomers, but will give the team another boost.

I wrote this 4 days ago:

I, like many of us, was sitting looking at the stats and was surprised to see that we are due, at our current pace to move up several spots in SOB in the coming weeks. At our current average (16T) we are forecast to pass into 18th place in 26 days, 17th place in 35 days and 16th place in 36 days. Seeing this I just had to look at what an increase in power would do as we could lessen the impact of what those other teams are putting out on a daily basis. If we were to double our output to 32T daily we would move into 18th place in 13 days, 17th place in 14 days and 16th in 18 days. As I see that Rechenkraft is ramping up their production we might only make it to 17th place soon. But, to move up 2 or 3 places in SOB in 2 weeks time is still quite a feat.

God I love it when I'm wrong!!!! As a team we are at 40.752 today and still have 6 hours of reporting left to go. Just a few days ago I was daydreaming about an output of 32T a day and that was nothing but a dream as we were putting out ~16T at that time. Due to some of our team members, pardon the expression, going Apeshit on SOB the above numbers are a pale representation of what is happening! At our current rate ~52T there is a chance that we can move into 18th place in 6 days!!!!! 17th place in 8 days and 16th place in the same 8 days!!!! To pass 3 teams in 2 days is not something that happens in a project where the points are measures in numbers that Bok has trouble graphing in his stats system. So, anyone else that wants in on the pass needs to hurry and finish up on whatever it is there running and fire up a system or 2 or like Mitch and a few others 10+ in SOB.

Interesting info. Fun to drop in on the party, and especially to watch the reactions of other teams when they see our changes in outputs. You'll get to see who considers this a important project for their DC ranks huh?

wow sb2, nice output !!

Did you BORG a data processing facility?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast