Site Admin
    Template and app names are here:
    http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoin...hp?id=303#1409
    ...may have already posted earlier
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Thanks Dirk, I missed that closing line in the app_config.xml file.

Yes I agree MiHost has been going great.

ASICs and BOINC

I have found a link from Berkley which will not open at this time, may be too many people reading the site! Who knows...

The Link is here: But it was here that I was looking for aid from App_config.xml files from the internet.

I went digging to optimize the GPU once everyone finds the niche to get those pesky GPu's working. The LINK is here; Seems the person at the Scottish BOINC team found a niche accelerator in his attempt to secure quicker and more efficient means to push the output of the GPU he owns. This looks promising will take a look after i return from my meeting this morning and reply with my findings.
    Last edited by Nflight; 07-12-2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added more stuff

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    cuda 3 sec error fix -> http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoin...hp?id=274#1099
    sounds like they didn't package their client app correctly

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    ... Without it all CUDA tasks go Computation error at 3 seconds. ...
    Last edited by AMDave; 07-12-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

ASICs and BOINC

I went from 300,000 points to nearly 500,000 points by adding this app_config.xml file:

<app_config>
    <app>
    <name>cgminer</name>
    <gpu_versions>
    <gpu_usage>1.0</gpu_usage>
    <cpu_usage>1.0</cpu_usage>
    </gpu_versions>
    </app>
    <app>
    <name>sgminer</name>
    <gpu_versions>
    <gpu_usage>1.0</gpu_usage>
    <cpu_usage>1.0</cpu_usage>
    </gpu_versions>
    </app>
    </app_config>

Exactly as I am showing it place it into the file: C:\BOINC\Data\projects\www.bitcoinutopia.net_bitcoinutopia Because this is where I found it works best. Copy and paste that exact line I place there into your IE browser and it will take you to that folder.

Remember this is only on Bitcoin. Also please do not have Bitcoin running when you add the file. IF you are using Win 7 or 8 please change the file designation from .txt to .xml Windows inherently has everything listed as Text files.

I am using am AMD Ati R9 270, to reach these numbers!

AND Users Member MiHost can you help your Team Mates Clearly get us some serious change in Bitcoin Utopia?
    Last edited by Nflight; 07-13-2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: MiHost added into conversation

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Thanks Nflight, very useful. Also big thanks to AMDave with the link to the solution to the 3 second problem. My fleet is full strength on BU now. Haven't convinced my wife about an ASICs machine yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Haven't convinced my wife about an ASICs machine yet.
    Who needs convincion when you can buy a 5 Giga Hash USB stick for $100? That is about the same as a video card -But it consumes almost no power (0.85 Watt/GH) compared to a video card!

And they -Dual Chip RedFurys- are already been sold 2nd hand -no doubt due to the high electricity prices over here- for $50...
    All you further need is a powered USB hub and a Raspberry Pi/a PC to control the hub (and some ventilator fans).
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 07-13-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Hello Team, About BU, i'm not using any kind of app_file, pretty much plug an play except for the driver, i have 1 R-BOX can get 30,000,000+ a day, plus i have 2 antminer U2 can get up to 3,000,000 a day with these. R-Boxes can be found Amazon for 60.00, free shipping and don't forget a 12V/6 Amp power supply. I hope this helps. Rick H

Nflight I get error messages today using the app_config.xml
    unfortunately BOINC Manager won't allow me to copy and paste the whole message, stupid BOINC application, but is refers to sgminer and cgminer. Perhaps you get the same errors?

The Bitcoin Utopia numbers are getting way out of hand. I think the BOINC officials - David Anderson? - need to do something otherwise many people will abandon all projects except BU. For example, steVe did a quarter of my entire BOINC career's worth of cobblestones in 1 day, that's right In 4 days he generated as many BOINC points as I have accumulated running up to 30 machines in some years and about a dozen GPUs in recent years over at least the last decade.

Sort of makes the whole "game" pointless.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast