Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Ramjet Memorial Challenge

We have fired up the old blade server and more. That antique seems to add more heat to the house then I would like to deal with. We sure appreciate all the effort on this challenge. This is an amazing amount of work done in a short time for this challenge. Unfortunately the open pandemic research never materialized a GPU work unit that I know of.

Sorry to hear about the power outage as these always seem to cause problems for all of us. I seem to have some issues with my Hubitat smart home stuff as well if the UPS doesn't last through the power outage.

Great to see your post Jason, I'm sure Ramjet would be amazed by the response. Nature has been kinder since Tuesday with temps of 22-25C so I'm fully committed.
    The computer room is a comfortable 29.4C today.

A big thanks to everyone again for your participation on this challenge. He would surely be happy to see this kind of response and honored to see the team do so well in it. I think he would also be impressed to see his wife helping to run his antique crunching farm. This was an amazing amount of work accomplished by all teams involved during this.

I can only imagine trying to fight that kind of heat in a race. I'm near freezing and have similar temps do to that antique power hungry blade server. This is an amazing accomplishment trying to have big rooms full of these while fighting the heat of summer.

Hopefully this will be a better year for everybody
    Last edited by Jason1478963; 02-03-2021 at 01:22 PM.

I'll post another new badges message on our facebook page coming weekend, for those badges just missed.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I'm going to be running WCG for a few more months, I lost my previous account so I got to build this one up again. Have also been running Folding@home on my work laptop for over 6 months now and I've slowly snuck up on a lot of people, all the way up to #7 on the team already.

sorry to hear about the account loss. I hope this one goes much better for you.

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason1478963 View Post
    sorry to hear about the account loss. I hope this one goes much better for you.
    Yea, the last one was my fault, I think sometime in the beginning of GDPR implementations a few years ago I was supposed to log in and go in my account to do something but I didn't see their warning emails until much later, they had already closed my account and account recovery didn't work either.
    Now I'm going to push this one for a while to build it up, just wish they had GPU applications available

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    just wish they had GPU applications available
    Your wish has been granted -at least at Beta level
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-20-2021 at 02:25 AM.

Site Admin
    That's awesome! I just looked up my account and saw that I had some of those Beta GPU workunits processed and are pending validation. I'll keep WCG running and open to Beta tests to see if it catches more.

The betas run fine on the Vega 11 of my Ryzen 5 3400G under Windows, but fail on the Radeon R7 Kabini IGPs of my Athlon 5350's under Linux -kept running forever after reaching 100%...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314