Thread: Long WUs

Long WUs

Both windows sudoku client 5.33 and linux sudoku client 5.34 seem to get stuck when crunching work units of the form Anumber_11_etc
    The official forum says they may take 1000sec but mine are still going after almost 1 hour.

Ah bliss! don't ya luv Alpha projects.
    Last edited by vaughan; 09-07-2007 at 04:27 PM. Reason: fix typo

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Both windows sudoku client 5.33 and linux sudoku client 5.34 seem to get stuck when crunching work units of the form Anumber_11_etc
    The official form says they may take 1000sec but mine are still going after almost 1 hour.

Ah bliss! don't ya luv Alpha projects.
    I tested both the Windows & Linux applications on a dual boot AthlonXP 2800+ last night and found the Windows application to run approximately 1/3 the speed of the Linux application. I received all short WUs and the average crunch time was Windows: 33 secs. whereas Linux: 10 secs.

I have another AthlonXP 2800+ running Linux only that averages about 12 secs on the shorter WUs due to having slower RAM. It just finished a longer one in a little under 45 mins. so I can imagine Windows will take over an hour due to the slower application.
    Last edited by BobCat13; 09-07-2007 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Long WUs

Client 5.37 Work Units with: _12__alpha, are now running a time distance that will stop at 20 hours each, some of the time frame stated will exceed that 20 hours but all will stop with in moments of 20 hours. Most crunchers are now seeing upwards of 535 ~ 550 points for completing one of these work units. There is a stop point enacted every minute so that if for some reason you stop and restart, you will not start over. FYI

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...