Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: February Race 2008

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Danish Dynamite View Post
    i have checked calendar it suggests 11am on Monday as a start time since i start work at 6am and finish at 2 pm, i will not be able to start at midnight so do i start early or late ?
    Yup, start early! Start right away even!

It's a common trick that we picked up since the start of these races, as soon as the projects are announced we can start crunching away on it. If you download enough workunits you can crunch away and make a big flush after the race is started and jump off to the top right on day one. ;)
    Last edited by NeoGen; 02-14-2008 at 09:25 AM.

oh okay but with poem at home you only get 7 work units per cpu

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Dynamite View Post
    oh okay but with poem at home you only get 7 work units per cpu
    I thought that was only per download session or something, it should pick up more if the pc runs low on them, right?

Yes, you should always have a cache of 7 per core (now up to 10).....ordinarily each upload is immediately replaced with a new WU.

yes and assuming your cache setting is high enough (i am using 4.5 day cache) you should have 7 work units per core (apparently that is changing to 10 work units per core)
    Last edited by Danish Dynamite; 02-14-2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: snap lol apparently i should type faster lol

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Yup, start early! Start right away even!

It's a common trick that we picked up since the start of these races, as soon as the projects are announced we can start crunching away on it. If you download enough workunits you can crunch away and make a big flush after the race is started and jump off to the top right on day one. ;)
    POEM is a little different than the last projects we ran. Cosmo, Rosetta, and WCG each need a quorum before you receive credit for the workunit. Like you wrote, it helps to start early on them, to build up your backlog of previous wu's that are crediting. POEM doesn't use a quorum and credits as soon as your valid workunit is returned, so it's not really necessary to start so soon. I see there are now 50,000+ wu's available, in addition to a limit on the amount of work you can download, so we should be good to go!

BOINC@Australia, USA, The Final Front Ear, and Rechenkraft.net prepare to be passed! Can we catch ARS that's 750,000+ points ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by sentient_life View Post
    POEM is a little different than the last projects we ran. Cosmo, Rosetta, and WCG each need a quorum before you receive credit for the workunit. Like you wrote, it helps to start early on them, to build up your backlog of previous wu's that are crediting. POEM doesn't use a quorum and credits as soon as your valid workunit is returned, so it's not really necessary to start so soon. I see there are now 50,000+ wu's available, in addition to a limit on the amount of work you can download, so we should be good to go!

BOINC@Australia, USA, The Final Front Ear, and Rechenkraft.net prepare to be passed! Can we catch ARS that's 750,000+ points ahead?
    we'll whip their ARSes bright red when we pass by. dont worry

Hello spanky
    Ooh, smack talk......lovin' it

OK chaps, BOINC@AUS waiting to be passed.........lets see what ya got

Looking forward to seeing what numbers you put out on this tomorrow

50k?
    100k?

More?

Exciting stuff!!!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast